New guy, excited to find this place

Texas_Black_5.0

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking for a community dedicated to my Mustang type for a little while, it's pretty cool that this place exists. The back story is this:

I enlisted in the Navy in 1999, went on deployment on the USS Roosevelt in 2001, and came back with enough money to buy a 1995 Mustang GT. I drove it like the devil himself was chasing me and didn't take care of it like I should have. When I was going to college (and very broke) I sold it to my dad, and was bummed. Fast forward to now, when I have a good job with extra cash available, and my dad was thinking about selling it, long story short, I GOT MY WAR CAR BACK! AND I'M ****ING HYPED!

Runs real well, needs some TLC on the interior and exterior, I'll be posting pictures somewhere on here soon. The current project is to figure out this infuriating electrical issue. Some high impedance short to ground that drains the battery really slowly, if I drive it all the time the alternator can keep up and keep it charged, if you park it for a week and try to start it, no dice, get out the jumper cables. I'll be starting a thread about it with more details in the Electrical & Stereo section, anyone interested in giving any input/advice/suggestions, please stop by that thread and lend whatever you can, even if it's just guessing out loud, I've troubleshot electronics for a long time, this is a weird one.

Anyway, really happy to be here, looking forward to trying to give as much to the community as I get from it. (I know I can't, I'm not all that knowledgeable.) :undecided:

P.S. the photo sharing instructions say to use photo bucket, does anyone know if using imgur is an option?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. Get tapatalk and you can load straight from your device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Welcome man!

Photobucket kind of kicked the bucket just a few days ago so they arent an option anymore unless you want to spend $400 a year! Imgur should work and I know people have had success with Flikr.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome.

The battery draining, does it still have the mach amps in it? IF so they are known to not shut off and slowly kill a battery. If not we can walk you through finding the short in the electrical section. Start a post and we can go from there.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
welcome.

The battery draining, does it still have the mach amps in it? IF so they are known to not shut off and slowly kill a battery. If not we can walk you through finding the short in the electrical section. Start a post and we can go from there.
Would that cause a battery light to come on?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online