New guy from Montana

Perkul8r

Reaction score
Stopping in to say hi...Just joined today and looking to get my 95 Gt up and going. Its a pretty decent car, needs some minor tlc but its a solid platform.

Looking for help with the transmission. Mine has the AODE in it, and was wondering what it would take to switch to the AOD trans. I know the mechanical part just fine, its what to do with the computer as its electronically controlled.

Anyway...will def be doing research and reading on anything I wanna upgrade.

Here are a few pics. Its nothing special lol

29465804602_325b57627c_z_d.jpg

29495290621_2e7fd7f2ee_z_d.jpg

OP
OP
P

Perkul8r

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I have been wanting one of these cars for..well....a very long time lol. I just happened to come upon this one last week and made a deal on it.

The car supposedly has a 2800 stall converter in it, and has 3.73 rear gears. I have no proof of these, but whoever did the work did put in a speedcal speedo correction thing. So that kinda leads me to believe at least the rear gears are there.

I am unsure how good the trans is, thats why I was asking about switching to an AOD. I am going to run it for as long as I can than maybe over winter do something else. I got some other issues to take care of so hopefully the trans holds out. lol.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Is the motor built? Why would they put a high stall converter in? Anyway good luck! Theres always a 5spd swap too!

OP
OP
P

Perkul8r

Reaction score
Is the motor built? Why would they put a high stall converter in? Anyway good luck! Theres always a 5spd swap too!

The motor looks stock. So I have no idea on the stall converter. I am kinda doubting that part. But the guy I got it from was just going off what he was told. So who knows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online