New member in Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ManiacMagoo, Dec 24, 2014.

1. ManiacMagoo

ManiacMagoo New Member

How's it going? Picked up a 1998 SN95 V6 with 5spd last weekend in pretty clean shape. I wanted a V8 but am a cheap bastard so waited until I found something lol. Saw this hit Craigslist and after $450.00 it came home. All it needs is freeze plugs replaced due to corrosion and why it was sold cheap, (the owner couldn't afford repair bill and his wife hated the 5spd) a drivers seat (has nice leather seats but previous owner was a 400lb lineman thanks to junkyard I have a new set of 1998 V6 seats), and it needs tires since they plugged a hole int he front left tire with a stick LOL.

My wife is having a hard time getting me to sit down and get it running since I bought this solely for the purpose of doing a V8 swap in the next year or 2. Depends how soon I can afford a Coyote and how much I do before I swap the motor. This will end up getting turned into a daily/play car.

[​IMG]

2. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Nice score! Looks like a good platform and the right price for a good swap. Welcome!

3. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Welcome!

4. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

Welcome to the community!

5. Mustanger

Mustanger Well-Known Member

Hi Magoo! Welcome from Oregon too I'm in Grants Pass... where are you? Nice purchase now get to work! Merry Christmas..we may get snow!

6. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Welcome!

7. Five O

Five O New Member

Hi, I'm pretty new myself from Florida's space coast. Nice to meet you. 450 is cheap for any car, especially such a clean-looking 'stang. So you're planning on a Coyote swap? I wish you luck with that, I don't have the $ for a Coyote so I'll probably end up doing a 351 drop at some point in the future.

8. ManiacMagoo

ManiacMagoo New Member

I'm in the Albany area. Merry Christmas to you as well. I hope we get snow.

My Coyote swap is a year or two out because there are other things ahead of it that need to be done. First I need to get it on the road lol. It is a really clean car which I was surprised at and almost didn't go look at because of the price.

9. Five O

Five O New Member

I'm really surprised you got it that cheap-around here, the junkers will pay 700 for a vehicle that looks much worse for the wear than yours does. Congrats on that!

10. ManiacMagoo

ManiacMagoo New Member

That's about what they go for here. I just got lucky with a person with no mechanical experience get scared of a shop bill and not want to put any more money into it. He paid $700 and then put $900 into it but his wife hated the 5 speed. She told him it was gone by Christmas or she was having it towed lol.