New member in Oregon

ManiacMagoo

Reaction score
How's it going? Picked up a 1998 SN95 V6 with 5spd last weekend in pretty clean shape. I wanted a V8 but am a cheap bastard so waited until I found something lol. Saw this hit Craigslist and after $450.00 it came home. All it needs is freeze plugs replaced due to corrosion and why it was sold cheap, (the owner couldn't afford repair bill and his wife hated the 5spd) a drivers seat (has nice leather seats but previous owner was a 400lb lineman thanks to junkyard I have a new set of 1998 V6 seats), and it needs tires since they plugged a hole int he front left tire with a stick LOL.

My wife is having a hard time getting me to sit down and get it running since I bought this solely for the purpose of doing a V8 swap in the next year or 2. Depends how soon I can afford a Coyote and how much I do before I swap the motor. This will end up getting turned into a daily/play car.

Mustang.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice score! Looks like a good platform and the right price for a good swap. Welcome!

Mustanger

Reaction score
Hi Magoo! Welcome from Oregon too I'm in Grants Pass... where are you? Nice purchase now get to work! Merry Christmas..we may get snow!

Five O

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pretty new myself from Florida's space coast. Nice to meet you. 450 is cheap for any car, especially such a clean-looking 'stang. So you're planning on a Coyote swap? I wish you luck with that, I don't have the $ for a Coyote so I'll probably end up doing a 351 drop at some point in the future.

OP
OP
M

ManiacMagoo

Reaction score
Hi Magoo! Welcome from Oregon too I'm in Grants Pass... where are you? Nice purchase now get to work! Merry Christmas..we may get snow!

I'm in the Albany area. Merry Christmas to you as well. I hope we get snow.

Hi, I'm pretty new myself from Florida's space coast. Nice to meet you. 450 is cheap for any car, especially such a clean-looking 'stang. So you're planning on a Coyote swap? I wish you luck with that, I don't have the $ for a Coyote so I'll probably end up doing a 351 drop at some point in the future.

My Coyote swap is a year or two out because there are other things ahead of it that need to be done. First I need to get it on the road lol. It is a really clean car which I was surprised at and almost didn't go look at because of the price.

Five O

Reaction score
I'm really surprised you got it that cheap-around here, the junkers will pay 700 for a vehicle that looks much worse for the wear than yours does. Congrats on that!

OP
OP
M

ManiacMagoo

Reaction score
That's about what they go for here. I just got lucky with a person with no mechanical experience get scared of a shop bill and not want to put any more money into it. He paid $700 and then put $900 into it but his wife hated the 5 speed. She told him it was gone by Christmas or she was having it towed lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online