Newbee

Marksvt

Reaction score
:) Whats up guys new here to the sn-95 forum, i am in svtperformance.com. Just a quick questions guys my tranny grinds going into second on hard shifts (unless i take my time and shift slow at wot into second) but i wanted to get a short throw shifter is it a bad idea, i might have a slight syncro problem.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
A short throw shifter won't hurt anything. But yes it sounds like a synchro problem. I am told that J.R. is very good with transmissions.

OP
OP
M

Marksvt

Reaction score
Bro so does that mean i can still buy a short throw shifter until i get a better tranny, i want to save to rebuilt the whole tranny withe good components.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
do the short throw and get the tranny looked at/fixed.

hows your fluid in the tranny? new, low, old, dirty.... wassup wit it yo? haha

and welcome to the forums! :thumb:

OP
OP
M

Marksvt

Reaction score
I know i have to change the fluid any way but i just dont want to fix or may i say i cant fix the tranny just yet but, when i do i want to rebuilt it with promotion parts. I just wanted to enjoy a short throw shifter and have that mod already but i didnt want to worsen the problem, thanks guys really glad i joined this site also. :thumb:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
my synchros seem to be going bad too but my tranny only shifts really.. idk unsmooth when its during the day time and reallly hot. so im thinkin maybe my tranny is just getting really hot? i dont know, could be something else to take into consideration.

OP
OP
M

Marksvt

Reaction score
Maybe mine to cause when i shift normal it never grinds, and it only grinds sometimes when im at wot and shift to quick from 1st to second.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Marksvt said:
Maybe mine to cause when i shift normal it never grinds, and it only grinds sometimes when im at wot and shift to quick from 1st to second.

What you are descibing is a problem with the synchros wearing. If you don't beat on it, it will last a long time. A shortthrow shifter won't hurt anything. What will hurt the trany is the way you shift it.

OP
OP
M

Marksvt

Reaction score
Thanks bro i guezz i will save some money for a mgw or a pro 5.0, the only reason i consider the pro 5.0 is because i had it on my old 5.0 and i liked the way it shifted, but i cant be biased as i have never tried the mgw. The only problem with the pro shifter was that it was a little to far out but i like the positon it faced oposite from stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online