Nitrous on a close to stock car?

OP
OP
J

JebTonkin

Reaction score
Well I ordered the kit,NX kit, gen X 2 acc. kit, WOT witch and RPM window switch, going to pick up the plugs and filter tomorow.

Tattoogod

Reaction score
while your out pick you up some DEPENDS ;D you may need them when you feel the power :thumb:

larry94gt

Reaction score
good shit my friend, you wont be dissapointed. Just dont be greedy with the timing and make sure your motor is running properly and the n2o wont hurt a thing.

OP
OP
J

JebTonkin

Reaction score
Guys I can't wait, how hard is the install, I have a friend that has installed blowers and wired up gauges that will be doing most of the work.

ryclef331

Reaction score
JebTonkin said:
Guys I can't wait, how hard is the install, I have a friend that has installed blowers and wired up gauges that will be doing most of the work.

Its a cake walk. Just take your time to make sure it is a clean install when you're routing everything.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm thinking this will be the first real mod for the cobra afetr reading this thread.

OP
OP
J

JebTonkin

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what I might run with a 100shot and some good d/r's, probably M/T's.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well your talking about a STOCK GT with only a cat-back kit, intake and a shot of nos, the 100 shot is good for a second off your 1/4 mile I think so.....low 13's I guess :dunno:

OP
OP
J

JebTonkin

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Well your talking about a STOCK GT with only a cat-back kit, intake and a shot of nos, the 100 shot is good for a second off your 1/4 mile I think so.....low 13's I guess :dunno:
Cool Cool, I am debating whether to just do bolt on'a with a TF street mani and stage 1 cam or saving a little more and getting there top end kit, any opinions.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
JebTonkin said:
Snakebit said:
Cool Cool, I am debating whether to just do bolt on'a with a TF street mani and stage 1 cam or saving a little more and getting there top end kit, any opinions.

Get the matched parts whatever you do, I have seen SO MANY PEOPLE just pick out stuff and throw it together and be pissed off when the car runs like crap. So be smart about the money you spend, get input and many opinions on the stuff and make sure it will all work tighter in the power band your after, you don't want a cam that is weak on bottom and kicks ass on top end and a intake designed for low rpm power and a cut-off point of just over 5 grand.........if you get my point 8)

joefelly3888

Reaction score
Save up some money for some headers and a off road h pipe. Make it sound ALOT nicer and help the air flow alot better. Ive had no problems with my BBK's. I've also heard good things on JBA headers. They run expensive but are a very nice quality. BBK longtubes and a off road h pipe is what i would do next. Now for matched parts........ EIther the systemax or the Trickflow kit... Both are very good kits.

OP
OP
J

JebTonkin

Reaction score
Well I didn't have any mods when i posted this but tomorow I am having a Magnaflow cb installed. Off-topic but does the Magnaflow come with Magnapacs or do you have to order them specificly.

joefelly3888

Reaction score
The regular magnaflow catback comes with the regular straight thru mufflers. They have sound clips of the exhaust tone on the website. Just alone on the car, the cat back is not that loud. If u wish to stay with stock headers and mid pipe (which i hope u dont ::)) the magnapacs would be a good choice. Ive heard the magnapacs on a mustang with headers and a off road pipe and its LOUD. Its very raspy and backfires alot. If i were u i would go with the regular mufflers.

OP
OP
J

JebTonkin

Reaction score
joefelly3888 said:
The regular magnaflow catback comes with the regular straight thru mufflers. They have sound clips of the exhaust tone on the website. Just alone on the car, the cat back is not that loud. If u wish to stay with stock headers and mid pipe (which i hope u dont ::)) the magnapacs would be a good choice. Ive heard the magnapacs on a mustang with headers and a off road pipe and its LOUD. Its very raspy and backfires alot. If i were u i would go with the regular mufflers.
Well I'd say within the next month I will get a UPR o/r X-pipe then maybe some Longtubes down the road. So will it sound good with the X?

joefelly3888

Reaction score
it will sound good with any kind of mid pipe that doesnt have cats. It will be nice and tone at loe rpms and then at WOT it will fucking scream. Dont get any cats. The only thing u may need to do is weld in some o2 sensors if the pipe doesnt have slots for them. If u do get cats u will regret it. I have a sound clip of my mustang with a off road h and the magnaflow and it sound perfect. the x pipe wont sound as deep but it will still sound nice

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I have a catted X on my cobra and I love it, except for all the error codes it gives my b/c its obd2. The o/r h is way too loud and all you end up with is a loud slow car. If anything get longtubes a prochamber and a catback or just gut your stock H, thats what I did, the gutted stock h actually sounds better than the prochamber. The l/t's will be loud enough, the o/r mid will probably get you pulled over, there also doesnt seem to be enough back pressure with the o/r pipe. Just my 2 cents.

joefelly3888

Reaction score
well it depends on where you live and how you drive. Ive been driving for 2 years on a off road h and ive never gotten pulled over for my exhaust, only for my tints. If your gonna get cats make sure u get a good cat. You will lose a little power with cats tho. Magnaflow makes a mid pipe with cats, pretty expensive though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online