Nitrous oxide questions?

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Okay so far every car in my town is running off the juice i already read the thread about wet and dry nitrous but i am wondering is that if i get a good air to fuel mixture when im using the N20 will it be fine on my motor or will is still damage my rings and other misc parts? Also some guys was saying that some of the 5.0 came with forged pistons and some came with hypereutectic(w/e) is this right?

G

GREG@SN95

scootin95gts said:
Okay so far every car in my town is running off the juice i already read the thread about wet and dry nitrous but i am wondering is that if i get a good air to fuel mixture when im using the N20 will it be fine on my motor or will is still damage my rings and other misc parts? Also some guys was saying that some of the 5.0 came with forged pistons and some came with hypereutectic(w/e) is this right?

a few foxes came with forged internals... none of the sn95s did...

With a good tune, you can safely run a 150 shot of Nitrous on a stock 302 without damaging anything...

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
anybody else want to comment on a good tune i can run a 150 shot?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would run a 125 shot at the most...but then again, 5.0 shortblocks are pretty cheap so you can grenade one and it won't weigh to heavy on your conceince

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
yah i know they are cheap but i dont have the money or the time to take it out and rebuild it since its my dd

S

scarface

without a tune, Ive always heard a wet shot is safer....I personally am setting up for a 150 shot.

ryclef331

Reaction score
whatever kit you buy, follow its instructions to a T and you'll be fine with a 150 all day!

<-----sprayed 125hp shot on a BONE STOCK 120,000mile 94 for 2 years....not one hicup

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
rycleff you got any recommendations on a good wet kit for my 95 :help2:

ryclef331

Reaction score
I had a compucar kit and LOVED IT.

Dynotune is another great company.

You can't go wrong with NX or NOS either though.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
yah i like nx but the price is a little high for me but the one spyder purchased was real nice

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Lol, this is so badass, i KNEW that you could run a 100 shot at least on the bonestock motor especially with a tune and a nice kit.

Mark my words, I'M DOIN IT. :banana:

S

scarface

FIVELITERS said:
Lol, this is so badass, i KNEW that you could run a 100 shot at least on the bonestock motor especially with a tune and a nice kit.

me too

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
scarface said:
FIVELITERS said:

me too

i think ill be going for a 125 shot with a dynotune kit :naughty:

Passenger

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
Also some guys was saying that some of the 5.0 came with forged pistons and some came with hypereutectic(w/e) is this right?

Sn95s = hyper
Some foxes were forged. The color of the oil pan will let you know if it has forged pistons.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I ran 1 range colder plugs and 10 degrees of timing....ran 14.2 on motor with just underdrives, no catback on the car, and a homemade cold air. Never sprayed it at the track as the bottle was emptied on the street before I could make it there. 125shot, never had an issue. This was a compucar kit. One this about compucar, they have LIFETIME WARRANTIES on their solenoids. You pay 10 bucks for shipping back to you and they'll rebuild your solenoids for free.

S

scarface

ryclef331 said:
I ran 1 range colder plugs and 10 degrees of timing....ran 14.2 on motor with just underdrives, no catback on the car, and a homemade cold air. Never sprayed it at the track as the bottle was emptied on the street before I could make it there. 125shot, never had an issue. This was a compucar kit. One this about compucar, they have LIFETIME WARRANTIES on their solenoids. You pay 10 bucks for shipping back to you and they'll rebuild your solenoids for free.
do they make that kit to work with the 4.6?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
compucar has a 5.0 and 4.6 kit. the only difference is the little fittings and odds & ends. i will either end up with compucar (like you said lifetime warranty is nice) or dynotune (cheap and good quality)

S

scarface

MeanGrn Gt said:
compucar has a 5.0 and 4.6 kit. the only difference is the little fittings and odds & ends. i will either end up with compucar (like you said lifetime warranty is nice) or dynotune (cheap and good quality)
thanks for the info :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online