Nitrous Wet Kit - pulling fuel

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
For those of you who have nitrous experience, just looking for advice. I pulled the trigger on an NX 4150 plate kit and will be getting it Monday. Just starting to read installs online and it seems fairly straight forward. Only thing I can't seem to find, for a wet plate kit where is the fuel pulled from?

Wichers123

Reaction score
Most ford factory kits run from shrader valve. If your rails have a spot for sensor take it from there. What's that like the third power adder to your setup. Charger, meth and now nitrous?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Most ford factory kits run from shrader valve. If your rails have a spot for sensor take it from there. What's that like the third power adder to your setup. Charger, meth and now nitrous?

I run Edelbrock rails and a Glenns setup with an Aeromotive regulator, so I'll have to see what my options are. Yes it will be, blower, intercooler, meth, and soon to be nitrous. However it's basically just like running a blower with nitrous because I'm using the meth as a safety tool, not really a power adder...only running 50/50. This time around I'll be running VP100 as well.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I run meth, 75 shot, and a blower. Tuning can become a pain... I tapped into the side of my regulator where there was just a bolt that could be unscrewed.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Not finding anywhere on my rails or Regulator, I'll have to try to figure something out

Wichers123

Reaction score
Why not run a 1gallon dedicated fuel system and only run race gas threw the nitrous. Put that battery in the back and put the cell in its place.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Why not run a 1gallon dedicated fuel system and only run race gas threw the nitrous.

That's an interesting idea that I haven't considered yet. I already have a 3 gallon trunk mount meth tank and a soon to be nitrous bottle back there, wonder if I could squeeze that in. That would be a win/win considering I wouldn't be running 100 octane when not spraying. I guess I would basically have to setup a whole new system with a separate fuel pump as well?

Wichers123

Reaction score
7986e4a96d8e2ecdc4135c285f9343e3_zpsvcl2dter.jpg

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/fuel-d...-universal-plastic-dedicated-fuel-system.html

this is the idea. They have plenty of kits out there. Or you can make your own for cheaper

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
7986e4a96d8e2ecdc4135c285f9343e3_zpsvcl2dter.jpg

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/fuel-d...-universal-plastic-dedicated-fuel-system.html

this is the idea. They have plenty of kits out there. Or you can make your own for cheaper

Was just reading up on it a bit from other threads. So just to make sure I have the idea right, I could obviously continue to run 93/meth as my car runs now. I can run the VP100 in this dedicated tank. Once the nitrous is armed, that is when the internal pump to the dedicated cell is activated and at that time only would the 100 octane fuel be used through the nitrous plate when it is in the window of usage?

Wichers123

Reaction score
Yes the race fuel is only shot threw the nitrous. Your engine will continue to run off the 93/meth. Very little tuning should be needed.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Is there any draw back to putting the stand alone cell in the trunk?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Being rear ended would be scary!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

But what would be the difference between that and running race fuel in a regular tank if you got rear ended? If talking about safety, to me it seems more dangerous putting race fuel under the hood of 180 degree temps lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
But what would be the difference between that and running race fuel in a regular tank if you got rear ended? If talking about safety, to me it seems more dangerous putting race fuel under the hood of 180 degree temps lol

All the more reason to tap off of the regulator for fuel. If this was a dedicated race car I could see it differently.

Just an opinion.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Was more interested in the stand alone due to the fact that it would save me from having to run 100 octane fuel just cruising around and this car is primarily a weekend cruiser. And with 20+ psi, probably isn't a bad idea to have a high octane when spraying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online