NJ Peeps Check In

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
NJ you can't get collectors for less then 25 yrs. Mustangs aren't considered "limited". My replacement custom tags came in I was thrown.. They are completely flat, no raised lettering anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
NJ you can't get collectors for less then 25 yrs. Mustangs aren't considered "limited". My replacement custom tags came in I was thrown.. They are completely flat, no raised lettering anymore.

You are mixing them up. Historic is 25+ years, our cars do qualify for collectors. Just an FYI, my cousin just literally got his terminator (2003) approved by the DMV for collectors and just rolled up to the inspection with his paperwork, and they put a triangle looking sticker on because all inspection is waved. Look it up on the DMV, collectors is different than historic tags. The thing for collectors is when sending in paperwork you have to send in some sort of thing from a car club/website showing the limited color/production of the vehicle you are trying to get approved.

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
You are mixing them up. Historic is 25+ years, our cars do qualify for collectors. Just an FYI, my cousin just literally got his terminator (2003) approved by the DMV for collectors and just rolled up to the inspection with his paperwork, and they put a triangle looking sticker on because all inspection is waved. Look it up on the DMV, collectors is different than historic tags. The thing for collectors is when sending in paperwork you have to send in some sort of thing from a car club/website showing the limited color/production of the vehicle you are trying to get approved.

Yeah you're right, I'm thinking historic. But I think you're fighting a losing battle with a red Mustang. Young collectors are so few I wasn't thinking. What color is his termi?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah you're right, I'm thinking historic. But I think you're fighting a losing battle with a red Mustang. Young collectors are so few I wasn't thinking. What color is his termi?

Oh yeah I doubt mine would get approved, a red GT. I still plan on going to my buddy until it hits 25 years old than I'll go for historic most likely. He has a SB termi that got approved in 3 days no questions asked. Production was less than 2k and I did some research and production for Rio Red 97 GT's were around 14k. Argument could be made that today in time though, our cars are becoming a rarity...so I guess you never know what exactly they consider "limited production"

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Sounds like it's one of those things where it depends which worker opens your paperwork.
But it does get me thinking about mine... 95 sapphire blue is not common... See what you started! Lol

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like it's one of those things where it depends which worker opens your paperwork.
But it does get me thinking about mine... 95 sapphire blue is not common... See what you started! Lol

Look at this I found, you'd get approved no questions asked:

1995 Mustang Production Numbers by Color
* Black 27,112
* Bright Blue 7,819
* Canary Yellow 3,497
* Crystal White 26,899
* Deep Forset Green 27,792
* Sapphire Blue 2,584
* Laser Red 29,450
* Opal Frost 5,881
* Rio Red 22,533
* Teal 9,845
* Vibrant Red 1,625

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
It was so painless. He sent in the paperwork, got all the approval paperwork back in a week, brought it to the DMV and they just slap a sticker on for $25, and I think every year its $10 just to renew

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Look at this I found, you'd get approved no questions asked:

1995 Mustang Production Numbers by Color
* Black 27,112
* Bright Blue 7,819
* Canary Yellow 3,497
* Crystal White 26,899
* Deep Forset Green 27,792
* Sapphire Blue 2,584
* Laser Red 29,450
* Opal Frost 5,881
* Rio Red 22,533
* Teal 9,845
* Vibrant Red 1,625

Awesome! I will definitely keep it in mind. My sticker is good through 12/15. The little things that can make a girl happy lol.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Awesome! I will definitely keep it in mind. My sticker is good through 12/15. The little things that can make a girl happy lol.

haha! Not a problem, at least you know you have another alternative

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I need to look up production numbers for mine. I'm tired of going to inspection lol, even tho I have no problem passing.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I still don't see how that's not considered a rare car/color to see on the streets today. Only 4,600 made about 18 years ago...how many would they expect to see rolling around on the streets today? lol

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I still don't see how that's not considered a rare car/color to see on the streets today. Only 4,600 made about 18 years ago...how many would they expect to see rolling around on the streets today? lol

I know right. I am thinking about it in realistic terms like you. Its more about if your model survived to today imo.

I wonder how many of those 4687 DFG's were verts?

that is good question, verts are uncommon as well. Only seen a few that were verts let a lone hard tops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online