No SN for me anymore, S550

NERD

Reaction score
..Sn95's are still the best Mustangs but now I'm here.

After we buy another house I'll get a big enough Garage for another SN project. I can't imagine what my Next SN95 is going to be like with a grown ups budget and not making the mistakes I made with DFG-Sxynerd.

I Took a cue from NoPulp and embraced the Orange.

This year has been focused on Suspension, Chassis and Autocross. best3quartershot.jpg

ReplicaR

Reaction score
It's a much better platform in every way, I wouldn't even look back at SN95 ever again, had I purchased a S550

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I gotta say the s550 is the first mustang since the sn95 that I have just loved out of the box. To think of how much work I am doing to get to the same amount of hp, but with out a warranty has made me wonder what the hell was wrong with me.

OP
OP
NERD

NERD

Reaction score
Those are the reasons I chose the S550 vs. buying another SN. There's just so much more tech and I could drive it everyday spending less time breaking and building. I also liked the swoopy body lines which are more like the SN's. (...vs the bulky previous years up to 14.) My Garage is pretty small and I wanted to drive more than fix right now so buying a newer car was in my best lazy interest. I'll still own an SN again, just not right now.

I'm not sure I'll get rid of the S550 completely because I do still want a GT350 till then though the '16 will fit me just fine.

So far I've Got all the Steeda goodies, Adjustable Shocks/struts, Progressive springs, Sway bars, IRS braces, Bushings, lockouts, Tri-ax shifter and few more things. I'm basically going to order the entire Steeda Catalog for this car eventually, lol. (Jigar is my sales guy @ Steeda.) ALso it has a JLT CAI, with Tune, Roush 20x9.5 square wheels with 295/35's in the back.

It's a Performance Pack so it had Bembo's, larger Radiator, Torsion rear with 3.73's. ..Steeda suspension stuff replaced the other PP things.

Up next are a Mantic Clutch w/ Aluminum FW, ARP extended Wheel studs, spacers for a square 285 Sport Cup2 rubbers, CF Driveshaft and Two piece rotors.

I'm tempted to just buy a blower but I really want to Autocross at this power level, learn the car and then get stupid with HP even though it's going to hurt me more than help. ..I guess I'd just have to move up to a bigger track ,lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl1uvNWBnNo/?taken-by=mikewolverton

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9QAviBNfR/?taken-by=mikewolverton

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZOUdQBiFZ/?taken-by=mikewolverton

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It is because we are craftsmen, we have the ability to create, to change, to improve. The SN95 is the last era that is easy to work on with just enough computer to be helpful and in the background. When I race and some punk passes me at over 100mph with one hand on the wheel and the other on pushing buttons on his Lexus type F even the instructors say you might as well stay in bed because that is what your driving. BUT they are fast.
We are working on the Ford Fairmont chassis design that was thought up 50 years ago and there is only so much you can buff this turd even with a full kit from MM. Why did I keep this horse? The size, the only thing that comes close is the BMW for short wheel base, V8,stick shift which is the reason I bought it in the first place, that and getting a Saleen base car for 20k new out the door. It has been reliable for 22 years as the wife's car and she is the Destroyer of all things mechanical. She has killed 5 cars, all brands. This car has had no rattles or squeaks just a bad intake manifold replaced under warranty. Tough, bulletproof, unbreakable, The SN95 is the old car I see the most of on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online