No spark!!!

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Im having a frustrating time trying to get my car running right so hopefully you guys can help me on this.
So i will detail everything that happened or i've done since i started my h/i swap on my 95 mustang gts 5.0l.

First of all i put a new timing chain, head, intake, and timing cover gaskets,new ford racing lifter and hardened pushrods, i put some used edelbrock heads, with a used cobra intake and left the stock cam and went with 1.7 trickflow stud mount roller rockers. I've worked on enough 5.0 so i did the adjustments on the rockers correctly...
got everything connected like grounds and wires were their suppose to be. I started it up for the first time and it ran fine, idled great!, but the rockers got loose so off came the valve covers and before we took off the valve covers to adjust them again, we cranked the car until we got to tdc but then the tfi module started to smoke and my starter solenoid fried. So i changed the starter and got another tfi module out of another sn95. Tightened up the rockers and put everything back together.

now the problem is the car will crank but it wont start, it acts like it does but it backfires probably from the fuel being ejected. And i checked for spark at coil and its there but not the rest of the spark plugs. Ive replaced the distributor with another one, and got another coil from the same car and nothing. I made sure the distributor isn't 180* degrees off so that not the issue.

if anyone can help id dearly appreciated as i have basically given up.

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Yeah i checked the 20 amp eec fuse/coil relay under the dash, all the ones in the engine compartment are fine.

PonyGlued

Reaction score
The problem that you had with the TFI and the starter suggest a short somewhere. It may be that the shorting wire is burned out now but I would start by looking for that, and the reason. If you find something don't immediately reconnect it, because you don't want another mini fire once you reconnect the damaged wire.

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Im thinking about that, and i think the next step is just replacing the who harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online