NO START HELP

homie3186

Reaction score
ok so i was leaving the store and now the car wont start here is whats up

all lights work and arent dim
12.3v at the battery
no clicking from starter at all( hit with a hammer a couple of time and got one click out of it)
clutch pedal switch seems to be workin properly

i am suspecting starter just want to be suer let me know what you guys think i want to check voltages tomarow but dont no wich pins on the starter to check

G

GREG@SN95

check the solenoid...

Take a jumper cable and connect the 2 terminal things on the solenoid... if it starts, its good... if not then its the starter...

Also check the batt terminals and cables and make sure all your grounds are good...

10 to 1, the problem is something silly like wiring...

OP
OP
H

homie3186

Reaction score
ye but how to get to the soleniod it is on the starter i cant really get to it

G

GREG@SN95

homie3186 said:
ye but how to get to the soleniod it is on the starter i cant really get to it

What I would do is pull the starter... Hold it down reall good, may be easy with a vise but you shouldn't need one... and grab some cables, touch the terminals, see if she spins...

I have a feeling she will...

The solenoid terminals may be a little munged up too...

Good luck

G

GREG@SN95

homie3186 said:
ok and if she spins what will be my problem

wire of some sort some where...

dirty terminal, bad ground, loose connection... etc

OP
OP
H

homie3186

Reaction score
i am still puttin my money on the starter cause when i hit it with the hammer i got a click out of it

G

GREG@SN95

homie3186 said:
i am still puttin my money on the starter cause when i hit it with the hammer i got a click out of it

I doubt its the starter... like I said... my moneys on the solenoid or a bad connection

badass98svt

Reaction score
First things first... Be sure your terminals are tight! Mine were tight and my car wouldn't start. All I was getting was 1 click every time I turned the key.
I tightened the Pos. cable super tight and the cars been fine ever since.

OP
OP
H

homie3186

Reaction score
ok i will try that an see what happens i think its teh solenoid also but it comes as an assembly with the starter so i have to get them both

badass98svt

Reaction score
I thought mine was the solenoid also. but it was just the loose terminal. It was real tight, but I was able to tighten the bolt at the + terminal about 1 more full turn and the car started right up!

ryclef331

Reaction score
There is a small wire that attaches to the bendix / solenoid via a spade terminal....if that thing comes off, the car won't start. Mine went to shit for awhile there....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online