not a bad informative sn video

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong. I loved my 89 probe gt. I was 16 and it was my first turbo 5spd toy. I made a lot of changes to it and it was an absolute blast to drive but.................

It’s no mustang and never even should of been considered as a replacement. Nowhere near the same kind of feeling as what a rwd v8 minster can give you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can remember the first probe I saw I was pretty amazed by the shape/design and always liked it myself. And at that time as much as i loved the fox body it was getting up in age and while the motor was more exciting the old fox body style wasn't.

Now today I still want a nice fox.........

Overboost

Reaction score
I can remember the first probe I saw I was pretty amazed by the shape/design and always liked it myself. And at that time as much as i loved the fox body it was getting up in age and while the motor was more exciting the old fox body style wasn't.

Now today I still want a nice fox.........

correct me if I am wrong sir, but does not the SN95 still maintain the fox chassis?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone heard on the mach E mach1 for 2021 Dont care for electric powerd vehicle
And they look ugly from what I've seen

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Watch "2021 Ford Mach-E Mustang: NEW SECRETS REVEALED (New Leaks & Everything We Know)" on YouTube

Overboost

Reaction score
I dunno, the tesla out runs hell cats, so it is not that bad of an idea if a mainstream manufacturer can get in on the game. the sky is the limit on performance. electric motors have zero lag and instant 100% torque

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
power isn't the question on electric. More like range and charging time. I think the biggest problem most forget is that the majority of the us is powered by coal/nuclear power. I had a buddy that has a phd and did a short contract at a place that was researching electric cars and he left it because they had come to the conclusion that electric cars would not work with out heavy help from the gov.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I can remember the first probe I saw I was pretty amazed by the shape/design and always liked it myself..

I still like the Probe now. We only got the 2nd gen ones over here in the UK and also no auto option which you had over there.

I occasionally check eBay to see if a US spec one appears but only the 1st gen ones seem to which, in my opinion, aren't so good - too square for my liking.

One day maybe...

TMW

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I still like the Probe now. We only got the 2nd gen ones over here in the UK and also no auto option which you had over there.

I occasionally check eBay to see if a US spec one appears but only the 1st gen ones seem to which, in my opinion, aren't so good - too square for my liking.

One day maybe...

TMW

Second generation had better body lines but the v6 was lacking. First generation had the 2.2l turbo in the gt which was way more fun and some have been built to make decent numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
What if... ...the Mach E IS the Ford Probe? As in, the original plan was to replace the mustang with this. But fearing repeated history like when they planned on replacing it with the probe, and the fear that they would be killing off their last real production car, they decided to keep the mustang and release the Mach E anyway, but still keep the “mustang” badging.

I liked both generations of the probe, and, in a way, I also like the Mach E. I would never owned a crossover, but if I had to, I would pick this one over the Model X or Y any day. The styling is simply better.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I dont think the sales numbers are going to be high on mach e
A lot of the mustang clubs that I have talked to are not into it
I do think it will drive the price up on older ones and newer

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
I'm not as mad about the electric part of the new Mach E as I am about the crossover design.

Fords pulling a Mitsubishi Eclipse and isn't even aware of it. Bigwigs at Ford are probably behind it, wanted a Tesla model X/Y competitor with a recognizable name on it, so they said make an electric crossover with the Mustang badge and at that point the engineers have no other option but to make it.

Sad thing is that the Mustang Lithium was on display at SEMA only a couple weeks before, showing that an electric mustang could be badass if they wanted it to be. Oh well.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Fords pulling a Mitsubishi Eclipse and isn't even aware of it. Bigwigs at Ford are probably behind it, wanted a Tesla model X/Y competitor with a recognizable name on it, so they said make an electric crossover with the Mustang badge and at that point the engineers have no other option but to make it.

This. When you think of EV, you think of Tesla. The name is synonymous with EV. You don’t ask for a bandage, you ask for a “band aid.” You don’t ask for a facial rousted, youask fir a Kleenex. People who want an EV, want a Tesla because that’s where their mind goes. Ford has been around for over a century, but I feel like they decided to use the mustang name to get people to associate its EV with power and performance. Naming it something new would be starting from scratch, which they cannot do since their EV competition already has made a name for them self.

Sad thing is that the Mustang Lithium was on display at SEMA only a couple weeks before, showing that an electric mustang could be badass if they wanted it to be. Oh well.

I feel like this is what happened to GM. I used to daily drive a 2nd gen Chevy Volt. It was a plug in hybrid, which is great for anyone with range anxiety. It was also $33-38k, and much better in looks and build quality than the Model 3. It felt fast, but not nearly as fast as the Tesla. Had Chevy made an EV Camaro, as an option, not a replacement, they probably would’ve sold a lot more, and gave Ford a run for their money. But much like Chevy’s EV1 experiment, they just don’t seem to care. They never even tried to market the Volt. Even during commercials featuring their entire lineup, you had camaro, corvette, Malibu... ...no Volt. I truly believed that was the car that would save GM. ...I still believe this.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have we heard about the corvette hybrid option they are working on? How do ya feel about that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online