Not sure if I have the right temp sensor.

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for info on this. Nothing can seem to tell me which sensor I need for the PCM. All the parts stores know are the names. One is a switch and one is a sensor. Even ford got it wrong and sent me the gauge sensor. Can anyone tell me if BWD part# WT3058p is the correct sensor for the PCM?. The sensor directly behind the thermostat. This part # will not cross with any others. Man I hate advance auto parts.

Thanks

Win

Legend
Reaction score
That's the CTS sensor if I remember right it sends the signal to your PCM so your engine doesn't overheat.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Why hate the auto part store. Its your fault that you don't know the difference between a coolant temp sensor, and a coolant temp sender.

You can also ask them to put up a picture on the screen. Not exactly rocket science.

Fwiw, a sensor goes to the pcm, and a sending unit goes to a gauge.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
That's the CTS sensor if I remember right it sends the signal to your PCM so your engine doesn't overheat.

The one that makes the car run super rich if you unplug it? I need the one for the fan(I think)/PCM. I have the wrong one that ford sent me in the car now and it won't start when cold and it's lost all power.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Why hate the auto part store. Its your fault that you don't know the difference between a coolant temp sensor, and a coolant temp sender.

You can also ask them to put up a picture on the screen. Not exactly rocket science.

Fwiw, a sensor goes to the pcm, and a sending unit goes to a gauge.

Heh. I absolutely know the difference. And I'll re-phrase. I hate advance auto parts when my main guy isn't there. The advance store that my shop has an account with hires anyone. The girl I was on the phone with asked me if it was the knock sensor three times after I told her it was the temp sensor. Even told her it was directly behind the thermostat so she could look at the diagrams and pictures. I have to do this over the phone when I'm at work.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
They look way different. .

Refered to as an ect sensor in the mustang world. .
82129d1256653676-1988-mustang-gt-where-my-coolant-temperature-sensor-located-ect.jpg.cf.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
They look way different. .

Refered to as an ect sensor in the mustang world. .
82129d1256653676-1988-mustang-gt-where-my-coolant-temperature-sensor-located-ect.jpg.cf.jpg

that female plug end looks quite different then mine but brass tip looks the same. I'm in general tech so if you miss my signature it's a 98 4.6.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Heh. I absolutely know the difference. And I'll re-phrase. I hate advance auto parts when my main guy isn't there. The advance store that my shop has an account with hires anyone. The girl I was on the phone with asked me if it was the knock sensor three times after I told her it was the temp sensor. Even told her it was directly behind the thermostat so she could look at the diagrams and pictures. I have to do this over the phone when I'm at work.

Parts stores don't have diagrams. Had you told her the type of connector that was on it, you probably would have been fine

I still point at you though. As I know how the listing is shown in their system. Engine coolant temp sensor.

Easy.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Parts stores don't have diagrams. Had you told her the type of connector that was on it, you probably would have been fine

I still point at you though. As I know how the listing is shown in their system. Engine coolant temp sensor.

Easy.

She kept reading it to me as coolant temperature sensor (with gauge) confusing me at that point, because it wasn't a sending unit. It's all good I'm pretty sure it's the correct one. The website lists it as a cts and that's what I need.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
At the bottom of the lmr page you will see the one for the gauge. . They look similar. .

99GreenStang

Reaction score

Easy.

I wish these companies would hire people whom know what your talking about had a guy at autozone tell me there's no such thing as a 750 holley double pumper !!! I was in shock like dude your kidding right?

Autozone does have diagrams available on hand and seem to be the best to deal with when it comes to electrical parts for that reason .

And adder I'm not saying you don't know what your talking about and I do agree the OP should know what he's getting and what to expect , but still I see his point as well some of these auto part stores seem like they will hire just anybody !

That my friend is why I use Summit Racing . Good Tech Dept , Good Returns , and Way good prices and 2 day shipping on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online