O2 sensors

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2001 new edge GT with long tube headers and the front O2 are not lasting to long before they both start throwing P0133 and P0153 codes ( front O2 sensors slow to respond)
I’ve tried Bosch witch only lasted two months before the codes came back and NTK which lasted around six months before the codes came back. Is there another brand to try?
Cheers all

Benni614

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2001 new edge GT with long tube headers and the front O2 are not lasting to long before they both start throwing P0133 and P0153 codes ( front O2 sensors slow to respond)
I’ve tried Bosch witch only lasted two months before the codes came back and NTK which lasted around six months before the codes came back. Is there another brand to try?
Cheers all
The front o2 sensors are wideband style sensors.
I use this but I don't understand how ur going thru o2 sensors.
Are they burning up
Is the fuel the issue contaminated the o2 sensors.
Are u rich rich or lean alot

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...MI_4LQjpX77wIVhsDICh3VagL1EAQYAiABEgIDz_D_BwE

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
No I’m not running rich or lean. All the O2 sensors I’ve used , six in all over two years, have all gone the same way. They all work fine with no P0133 or P0153 codes for slow to respond for a few months then I start getting the codes. Now even when they do start throwing the codes when I data log the O2 sensors are working as they should and fluctuating between 0.1 to 0.8 volts. I’ve been told it’s to do with the long tube headers but if it is why do they all work for a good few months first before throwing these codes?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No I’m not running rich or lean. All the O2 sensors I’ve used , six in all over two years, have all gone the same way. They all work fine with no P0133 or P0153 codes for slow to respond for a few months then I start getting the codes. Now even when they do start throwing the codes when I data log the O2 sensors are working as they should and fluctuating between 0.1 to 0.8 volts. I’ve been told it’s to do with the long tube headers but if it is why do they all work for a good few months first before throwing these codes?
Have you checked the plugs to see what they say or are you going by a different method to know its not running rich/lean? What brand/type of exhaust do you have?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Have you checked the plugs to see what they say or are you going by a different method to know its not running rich/lean? What brand/type of exhaust do you have?
Hello mate how you doing?
I’ve checked all 8 plugs and they look spot on plus it’s had a A/F innovate gauge fitted up the tail pipe and been driven hard for the last week and all has checked out just fine. the exhaust system is a pair of Mac long tube headers, true dual exhaust system, one silencer at the rear on each side only and a full de cat. I have since brought a pair of sports cats to fit in soon so it can pass it’s MOT / emissions test.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you have this problem before you went to the true dual exhaust? With that being the only difference in what most of us do I wonder if it could be causing a problem.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes mate I hate this problem before I went true dual exhaust.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might need to move the location of the o2 sensor then. Its been too long since I had to add mine so I can't remember how far down from the collector its supposed to be but it needs to be close enough and yet far enough.

joe65

Reaction score
you might also research putting a spacer on the bung so the sensor is pulled back from the flow a bit. Lot of guys do that on turbo cars to keep the sensors from fouling and or sending codes.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
No I’m not using any additives. I’m running either 99 Ron fuel (I’m in the U.K. ) or 95 E5 Ron fuel.

joe65 I will look into them spacers now. not sure if they will help cause the O2 sensors are working fine once warmed up it’s just taking them to long to warm up

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
The O2 sensors due to the long tube headers are definitely further away from the engine when compared to a stock set up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online