OCTOBER 09 ROTM *-SVTURBO98-*

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Please congrats to our October ROTM

Thanks to sn95forums and everyone that voted. Every car nominated this month is beautiful and worthy to be the ROTM.
The car is built the way it is today thanks to Modular Powerhouse in Atlanta. It was dropped off to them 3 years ago as a white 98 cobra vert with tan interior and a blown motor. After a lengthy build, the car is now painted windveil blue, has black interior, and a turbocharged 4v stroker motor putting out over 800rwhp. It has great street manners thanks to Tim @ MPH for doing the tuning and it is reliable enough to be daily driven or be taken on road trips. I couldn't ask for any more. Thanks again.

-Josh

SVTurbo 98

98cobra5.jpg

98cobra.jpg

98cobra2.jpg

100_1201.jpg

100_1205.jpg

017-3.jpg

001-3-1.jpg

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
THATS A BADASS RIDE! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
CONGRATS!

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Congrats, very nice car. Well built.

armyed

Reaction score
Turbo=Nice Congrats on the win...good looking car!

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone! It's a good feeling to be singled out in such a badass group of cars! There were a lot of worthy candidates this month...that's for sure. :eek:ccasion14:

NERD

Reaction score
More big shots without photoshop please. I want to see the cage. My only question is why in the world you have such a tall hood, when you you don't need it?
NVM I found them.
cobrafence.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

009-3.jpg

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
My only question is why in the world you have such a tall hood, when you you don't need it?

I tried a 4" cobra r hood and it wouldn't fit. So what makes you think I don't need the hood I have?

Also besides a little shading there is no photoshop in any of those pics.

NERD

Reaction score
I'm not hating on it or anything so don't confuse it. I have a huge hood to. (Just not as big, lol.) My engine pops up about 4" above standard engine height with the edelbrock intake and my spacer adapter plate and it fits under the H.O.Fibertrend 3.5" RR hood. (It's more like 4.25" but they measure different.)

Is it because of the forward facing Plenum? Why did you decide on forward facing?

Are those phenolic spacers or wood?
223.jpg

My hood
DSCF0040.jpg

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
Is it because of the forward facing Plenum? Why did you decide on forward facing?

I'm not sure why you keep posting pics from my photobucket account...lol. But yes the forward facing plenum has a lot to do with it because it requires spacers to clear the alternator. MPH wanted to remove my a/c and relocated the alternator for more hood clearance but I want a/c so that wasn't an option. I may decide to go with a different intake in the future along with a smaller hood but right now I don't mind it. I'm 6'3" so I don't have issues seeing over it.

NERD

Reaction score
I was posting your pics so everyone can see other angles. Your pictures you posted are nice but it doesn't show off the true beauty of your car.

SVTurbo 98 said:
sxynerd said:

I'm not sure why you keep posting pics from my photobucket account...lol. But yes the forward facing plenum has a lot to do with it because it requires spacers to clear the alternator. MPH wanted to remove my a/c and relocated the alternator for more hood clearance but I want a/c so that wasn't an option. I may decide to go with a different intake in the future along with a smaller hood but right now I don't mind it. I'm 6'3" so I don't have issues seeing over it.

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
I was posting your pics so everyone can see other angles. Your pictures you posted are nice but it doesn't show off the true beauty of your car.

lol...I was joking as it really doesn't bother me but I'll post some more up and I'll try to make a little video this weekend :eek:ccasion14:

NERD

Reaction score
I've been trying to decide on the looks of a style bar or the Function of a roll bar for over a year now.

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
I've been trying to decide on the looks of a style bar or the Function of a roll bar for over a year now.

I would go with a roll bar especially in a high horsepower vert....just have it powercoated and it will look great

NERD

Reaction score
Now THAT''s the top down money shot I was looking for!!!!!! BadFreakinAss! Ok, it's a little late but you would have gotten my vote for ROTM. Glad you won.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online