OCTOBER 09 ROTM *-SVTURBO98-*

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
Yeah this is old but since it was bumped I guess I'll give a little update.

I ended up breaking the engine back in December of last year and had to pull it out. I took it apart and it spun 6 rod bearings which destroyed the crank, rods and pistons...FML. Luckily the heads, cams and block survived so I took them down south and dropped them off at Al Papito's shop (Boss330). We decided to go with a kellogg stroker crank, oliver billet rods, custom cp pistons and a 3v oil pump this time around. I also decided to make the best of it and get the heads race ported and upgrade the old crowler springs to a nice set of beehives that Al recommended. We had a huge delay because the crankshaft was backordered but he has everything now and should be finished in a week or two. I'll most likely start a little pictorial/build thread once I get my engine back so whoever is interested can see it get put back together....

BTW I've never uploaded a vid before.... so between not knowing how to and procrastination, the vid never got uploaded before it broke. It would be pointless now so I'm not even going to attempt it.

Thanks anyways for all the nice comments but here is a link to the October '10 ROTM:

http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,56992.0.html

Hopefully someone will fix the homepage and link 01Sportchic's thread soon...??

-Josh

got5.0

Reaction score
why is this car still on the home page half way through the month?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online