Official Fox Body Intake Swap Thread

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
Ok, so if i was to run a track heat intake without the elbow, i would need a Fox TB? Why couldnt i use a 94-95 TB? i have the elbow i got from a friend but the fox type setup looks cleaner. Im also running with no EGR

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
95 svt cobra said:
Ok, so if i was to run a track heat intake without the elbow, i would need a Fox TB? Why couldnt i use a 94-95 TB? i have the elbow i got from a friend but the fox type setup looks cleaner. Im also running with no EGR

The bolt pattern is close enough to not notice, but there is a difference. Not by much apparently because one of the members on here has a 94-95 Throttle body on an intake (Edelbrock RPM?) with no elbow he just drilled the holes out a little.

To be honest I would either use the elbow or just switch.

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
ah i see. Well i might try and just bolt it up anyways like that to see if it will fit, i still havent gotten my TB yet and my elbow is still at my house in MO so if it dont fit then ill just do the elbow probably

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
yup it wont fit, so now i gotta get the elbow mailed to me and wait it out until she gets here.

MikeF

Reaction score
i have a trick flow set up on my 95 want to trade t.b and el i have 75 tb and tfs el.also if you have 89/93 comp we can trade that also

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Not sure if the V6 one will work. I have switched back to the 94/95 style though so if you want to get a fox cable and bracket I still have mine for pretty cheap. Just let me know.

blownsn95cobra

Reaction score
i did the 86-93 intake swap on my 94 cobra and do any of you know for the tb and egr what color wires go to what on both of them i have them on but just wanna make sure its right

blownsn95cobra

Reaction score
i have a 94 cobra i converted to 86-93 holly systemax upper lower intake and bbk 75m throttle body now i changed my my 2 sensors over as well but does any one know what color wires go to what?

Magic

Reaction score
blownsn95cobra said:
i have a 94 cobra i converted to 86-93 holly systemax upper lower intake and bbk 75m throttle body now i changed my my 2 sensors over as well but does any one know what color wires go to what?

check the 1st page of this thread! the color co-ordination of the TPS wiring is there

Magic

Reaction score
I think I might have a potential issue at bay...

I want to know if using a 93 Cobra intake (upper and lower) and the fox TB setup....will this clear a stock Gt strut brace? What about the Maximum Motorsports strut brace??

If not, then Im gonna have to get another intake...?!?!? Id like to run a strut brace, its not an option (in my books) to run with out one.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
It won't clear the stock GT brace. You can either get one off a cobra or get an aftermarket one. Not sure about the MM brace, I would check with them. I have ran 2 years now without that brace and can't tell any difference. I know I should have it on there but Im not the only one who has never had problems just ditching it. Good luck.

SN95.ohh

Reaction score
If you switch to a fox set up does it remove the cruise control??

Magic

Reaction score
SN95.ohh said:
If you switch to a fox set up does it remove the cruise control??

According to the 1st post, You can keep cruise control if you use the fox cruise control cable.

Magic

Reaction score
Magic said:
I think I might have a potential issue at bay...

I want to know if using a 93 Cobra intake (upper and lower) and the fox TB setup....will this clear a stock Gt strut brace? What about the Maximum Motorsports strut brace??

If not, then Im gonna have to get another intake...?!?!? Id like to run a strut brace, its not an option (in my books) to run with out one.

Just to update this:
MY INTAKE setup: 93 Cobra upper (and lower), with a MAC 70mm Throttle Body, modified to fit 86-88 speed density Inlet tube, modified to fit stock air box with K&N air filter.

We all know by now that of course the stock Mustang GT strut brace doesnt work with any aftermarket intake manifold on our 94/95 5.0s.

However, the Maximum Motorsports STB, did NOT work for me either! There were a couple of issues. The MAIN issue was there is no room between the STB bar and the Throttle body (93 Cobra Upper, remember this upper intake has the EGR spacer built in), as the throttle body is now pushed further out, so no room for the inlet tube.

The second issue (if I remember right) with the MM STB was, since I am also using 5L Foxbody aluminum valve covers, the front bar of the STB was right over the oil fill hole.

MY SOLUTION: I ended up buying a used FRPP strut tower brace. Clearance between the oil fill tube is tight but there is enough room to remove the oil fill cap and put a funnel there to fill oil. It also clears the fox TB setup, only having to modify the inlet tube slightly (86-88 Foxbody 5.0L speed density inlet tube).

powered427stang

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to site and just grasping the concept of modifying it.
I have a 95 with a 351w
Decided to get a super vic intake and an accufab 90mm tb.
All those parts listed ill need to convert, minus all egr items (doing egr delete)

russ8825

Reaction score
I'm going to do this with my car. I bought ported (and polished upper) typhoon intakes with polished 70mm tb for 330. It has the egr delete plate so I'm going to leave the egr deleted. My question is with the throttle cable. I have an automatic, but all I find are the manual throttle cables. Are there any differences and can I just use the manual one ?

Dr.Scientist

Reaction score
How does this intake swap compare to say... a trickflow intake swap? Would it be worth it to do this swap if there are better intakes out there?

russ8825

Reaction score
A trick flow intake is a fox intake, you have to run the elbow to make it sn95 combatiable. I think this thread is more about keep the fox body throttle body rather than running the elbow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online