Oil Filter Clearance Issues?... Here Is the Solution!!!! *Pics*

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Like he said, most of the smart experienced guys are either managers, or on the back counters, away from customers beatings. The last thing a manager wants is for his experienced and knowledgeable guy to leave.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bump for That Dude in the suspension forum asking about this.

wckdgt

Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
GDTrumbo said:
Willis_98GT said:
SRT Handz said:
Bump For Will :boink:

this technique worked 100% i can't believe that something honda made 20 years ago or so slides right on a 4.6 mustang motor.. lol

0629082207.jpg

used a fram ph3531, will be a temporary fix until i can get some new motor mounts.

OK Willis_98GT. You have a '98 model GT. What is it's production date? My '98 does not have the large silver filter mount that yours

and Handz have in the pic's. I have a production date of 5/98. Is this a late '98 on-the-fly production change?

I also found that when I replaced the crappy "cracked" plastic intake that mine also has the '99 coolant line (style & location)

passing under the intake they spoke of in the install instructions. It states "some late production '98's have the revised '99 coolant

line" and not to bother doing some small modification to it.

I wonder what else changed during the '98 production run. Any ideas? GT

Now Handz, read the quoted ^ and let me know if you have ever heard of this. It's wierd to see this
large filter mount in the pics of yours and Willis'. I know his is a '98. Is yours also?? I'm curious about the
mid-pruduction run changes as they are not always easy or cheap for mfgr's to do. GT
the large silver mount is your oil cooler. if you look lower on that mount you will see your lower radiator hose connects to it.

vtecftw

Reaction score
The "large mount" is an oil cooler.
According to MM it comes on 4Vs and automatic 2Vs, but with Ford you never know.
The cooler came on my 96 auto trans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online