Oil pressure gauge still not working

Reaction score
Awhile ago my oil pressure sender was bad and oil was pouring out from there, I had to get a cheap autozone sender. My oil pressure gauge wasn't working after that and I just assumed it was the wrong part or a cheap part. I just got a new sender from lmr that says it works for 96-98 cobras, just did a fresh oil change with the new sender and my gauge still doesn't work. It was working fine before the issue I had awhile ago. Also, I tightened the sender pretty good but there's still about 1/4" of threads left. I didn't want to damage anything by forcing it in further, any help on how I can diagnose this?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you try cleaning the contact on the connector? Follow that wire up as far as you can to see if its maybe disconnected some how.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
the sender is a sensitive replacement apparently. my friend went thru that and not all of them that are supposed to work, do. ford is the only way I know to ensure getting one to work.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
I'll try cleaning it today, if it still doesn't work I'll just wait till my next oil change to get one from Ford. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online