ok all blower guys please help

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ok i been reading up on the ACT sensor.... and learned that guys with blower have to relocate their ACT sensor in between the throttle body and the blower..... does anyone have pics or any insite on this if this??? is somethign i need to do????

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
nope ACT sensor (air charge temperture) ..... i can understand why it would need to be done but its hard on a 95-95 blower stang since the discharge pipe is so small and i dont know where to put it

97vertstang

Reaction score
in my buddies cobra we installed in the rubber boot between the powerpipe and blower. never had any problems. :dunno:

S

scarface

5.HOE said:
in my buddies cobra we installed in the rubber boot between the powerpipe and blower. never had any problems. :dunno:
I did that also...right before the TB.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
scarface said:
5.HOE said:

I think 5.HOE was talking about having it on the intake side of the blower . . or before the blower . . not between the blower and the power pipe. That's where I had mine and I never had any problems either.

S

scarface

enginebay%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

You can see the sensor installed in the black rubber right before the TB.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Ah . . ok . . different sensor. Mine was mounted in the intake itself. I was thinking IAT . . my bad

S

scarface

TRUUBLE said:
Ah . . ok . . different sensor. Mine was mounted in the intake itself. I was thinking IAT . . my bad
thats what is mounted in mine Tad...I assumed thats what he was talking about.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
scarface said:
TRUUBLE said:

My IAT was before the blower, but there was another sensor mounted in the bottom of the upper intake manifold.

I'm confused now . . lol

S

scarface

TRUUBLE said:
scarface said:
TRUUBLE said:
My IAT was before the blower, but there was another sensor mounted in the bottom of the upper intake manifold.

I'm confused now . . lol
I had a 4.6 The IAC was moved to right before the TB so that the ECU would see the intake temps change should my MEth quit spraying, and reduce timming.

Even if it isnt the correct sensor, he can see how they are relocated :)

97vertstang

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
scarface said:
5.HOE said:

I think 5.HOE was talking about having it on the intake side of the blower . . or before the blower . . not between the blower and the power pipe. That's where I had mine and I never had any problems either.
yeah thats what i mean. 15k miles and works perfect

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
the guys on corral were saying to move the ACT sensor between the tb and blower cuz thats the real temperture thats goin into the tb..... if its put before the blower in the power pipe its always gonna read the same temp when in reality the blower is making more heat ....... lol anyone following me here i think i confused myself a little bit

97vertstang

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
the guys on corral were saying to move the ACT sensor between the tb and blower cuz thats the real temperture thats goin into the tb..... if its put before the blower in the power pipe its always gonna read the same temp when in reality the blower is making more heat ....... lol anyone following me here i think i confused myself a little bit
like i said my friend hasnt had any problems and works perfect. i doubt it matteres that much :dunno:
trubble says he had like my friends.

S

scarface

SvtBlack95 said:
same principle as what I said...the temps are different after teh blower depending on the outside air, the timming should change accordingly. Look at what I did, that should work for you :)

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
thanks Dave thats what i wanted to here lol thanks to everyone else also for helping out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online