okay so the o/r h pipe is on!

shocar4

Reaction score
installed my o/r h pipe this past saturday...it is ran through a set of flowmasters that was already on the car when I bought it. I'm not sure how "in love" with the sound that i am....I mean it sounds great at startup and idle and even when i rev it up, but boy when I take off it is LOUD like I have straight pipes...not sure how long until I get sick of the exaggerated loudness....wonder if my flowmasters are burnt out or something...thoughts???

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Get a different muffler somthing different. Somthing quieter then the flowmasters. What kind do you have?

ademily87

Reaction score
I had magnaflows on my 98 cobra with longtubes and o/r x. Sounded ok. I'm not big on anything obnoxiously loud either. It sounded good at idle but wasn't too loud during normal driving.

But boy did she scream when you put your foot down.

OP
OP
S

shocar4

Reaction score
bonestock3.8DTH said:
Get a different muffler somthing different. Somthing quieter then the flowmasters. What kind do you have?

not for sure....i need to roll back under there and see....did notice when i installed my h that when i banged on one of the flows, that it rattled like it had a baffle/chamber or something a little loose inside!

BigTang

Reaction score
my last set of flows rotted of the car. I've never had a muffler do that, then again i've never run flows.

I really like my new magnapacks. Zero drone on the freeway but man do they sound great when you get on it. I just hate the look of the tips that came with it.

OP
OP
S

shocar4

Reaction score
i think i just needed to get used to the sound!!! i love the sound now....sounds like a BEAST!!!

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
If he replaced the fluid in them more often they might last longer... new muffler fluid keeps them sounding crisp and smooth! if you are getting an obnoxious sound the fluid may be old and need changing....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online