Opinions for tranmission for 95 GT w/turbo

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
No problem, talk to walt when your ready and tell him Rich Graswald sent you his way he will take care of you and address all your concerns. The guy is one of the few in the country that i can actually say I trust 100%
Awesome I'll reach out in a couple weeks and hope to hear good things

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of a T56 swap.....its not a direct swap but will be worth it in the end.
Yeah but I would have to get a new shifter, and I love my shifter. I would have to get new gears fir the 6 speed as well right

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yes, lots of different pieces.

No gear change required as 4th is still 1:1
Yeah and to be honest idk what half those pieces would need to be abs oh okay yeah I have 3.73s now so I wasn't sure if there was a different great part for that transmission too

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'll be running a T56 in my cobra before all is said and done. 4.10 gears (for now, that might change eventually) with a 72mm. I love the T45 in my gt, it's been beat to ever living shit by me, but the T56 is just a far better transmission in every way. Ultimately, it's your choice on if you stick with a 5 speed or jump to a 6 speed, but my recommendation would be drive a t56 car (if you know someone with one) and see how you feel about it. I drove a mystic with one and fell in love with how it shifted, which is what really made up my mind

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Yeah and to be honest idk what half those pieces would need to be abs oh okay yeah I have 3.73s now so I wasn't sure if there was a different great part for that transmission too

Too keep it simple dump in a TKO600 - just need to change the bell housing for that swap and done!

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
I'll be running a T56 in my cobra before all is said and done. 4.10 gears (for now, that might change eventually) with a 72mm. I love the T45 in my gt, it's been beat to ever living shit by me, but the T56 is just a far better transmission in every way. Ultimately, it's your choice on if you stick with a 5 speed or jump to a 6 speed, but my recommendation would be drive a t56 car (if you know someone with one) and see how you feel about it. I drove a mystic with one and fell in love with how it shifted, which is what really made up my mind

Exactly, I drove my buddies Termi and loved the way it shifted. Good suggestion!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, I drove my buddies Termi and loved the way it shifted. Good suggestion!

I haven't had the opportunity to drive my buddies Terminator yet. I mean, I did in Detroit at the Woodward cruise when I tossed him my keys to do a burnout in my car in the parking lot, lol, but I let my other buddy drive it since I wanted to record the burnout. He's the same one who owns the mystic with the T56. I just love that transmission. I got in, felt the gates out a little, and punched it. 7 grand shifts with no issues my first time ever driving that car. I love that transmission

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
^^ one con to the T56 is that its a much heavier tranny; but at least the weight gain is in the centre of the car

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
All definitely valid points. I have never driven a t56 in a mustang but I have in an old friends Vette and she shifted so smoothly it was crazy, but without labor, everything for a t56 is roughly how much would you say?

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I would love if somebody could write me a full 100% list on everything little thing that would need to be had for the swap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.