opinions on subwoofers in mustangs

2lowsn

Reaction score
i have two 10s that i have been wanting to get installed but do you guys think subwoofers and amps dont belong in mustangs? is it on the gheto side to have bass? i like bass but its not that important really. just was wondering what the general opinion of other mustang owners were on steroe systems.

thanks, kyle

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the only problem i have with subs n amps in a mustang is that the fn trunks are too small to put more subs and amps in :)

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with installing a system in your mustang!! Most often, people tend to disagree because of the added weight.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a single 10 in a MTX enclosure with a 250w amp.(needs to be 400w-500w but it was a deal).
The MTX enclosure eliminates 25% of the trunk at least.
I also still have the stock mach 460 amps with aftermarket Pioneer HU and speakers.

Sounds great to me but I'm old. someone young might want more thump.

OP
OP

2lowsn

Reaction score
the only problem i have with subs n amps in a mustang is that the fn trunks are too small to put more subs and amps in :)
so true. i have no idea how guys put 12s and a bunch of amps in these damn trunks. what do you have in your trunk? and how the heck do you drive that thing lol? looks amazing though tony.

There is nothing wrong with installing a system in your mustang!! Most often, people tend to disagree because of the added weight.
yes they do. thats what i considered to but i have to have some bass. sounds to flat from the factory.

I have a single 10 in a MTX enclosure with a 250w amp.(needs to be 400w-500w but it was a deal).
The MTX enclosure eliminates 25% of the trunk at least.
I also still have the stock mach 460 amps with aftermarket Pioneer HU and speakers.

Sounds great to me but I'm old. someone young might want more thump.
well im 26 and still love good quality sound. not to much bass but i listen to alot of hard rock and i like nice tight bass.

anyone with photos of their sub and amp setup would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, kyle

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
As long as its not overboard and done up nicely I like it. In my mach 1 I actually integrated a bigger amp into the 460 tray that holds the stock crappy amps and speakers. I like everything hidden though.

OP
OP

2lowsn

Reaction score
As long as its not overboard and done up nicely I like it. In my mach 1 I actually integrated a bigger amp into the 460 tray that holds the stock crappy amps and speakers. I like everything hidden though.
im with you on the system looking clean. like matching materials instead of grey carpet and blue subwoofers and red amp and yellow car lol.

really would love some photos if any have some

ram360

Reaction score
I like it to disappear. Sub in jl stealthbox one amp under my rear seat delete and the in trunk where the speakers are.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
so true. i have no idea how guys put 12s and a bunch of amps in these damn trunks. what do you have in your trunk? and how the heck do you drive that thing lol? looks amazing though tony.

anyone with photos of their sub and amp setup would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, kyle
2 boss 10's and boss amp.

120607_082012-1-1-2-1.jpg

simple, clean, boxes wrapped in black simulated leather and black automotive carpeted trunk floor and panels.

Avarus

Reaction score
The way I see it... as long as its clean bass and you can still hear the music and not just rattle from the bass... im all good with it... Im planning on putting a 300w kicker sub and a 250w mono amp in eventually... my dad has that setup and its just enough bass to sound great

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score
Subs, speakers, amps and a great head unit are a plus in any ride! i find that with an after market exhaust setup it drowns out most of the low frequencies. Solution? just listen to the car or add more low frequency sound to your system. i have factory Mach 460 with and Pioneer head unit and that is clean sound without alot of bass. I plan to replace all speakers with Kicker component full range speakers in the stock locations, dual Kicker 10's (2ohm) in a bandpass box with a 500 watt Kicker mono block...

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
this is a clean set up.
thanks dude! it looks strange in this pic, lol! but its all black in person. kinda looks grey on my screen. i even sewed the material on the box! thats right my big ass sat at a sewing machine and went to town doin some stitching, lol!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Subs, speakers, amps and a great head unit are a plus in any ride! i find that with an after market exhaust setup it drowns out most of the low frequencies. Solution? just listen to the car or add more low frequency sound to your system. i have factory Mach 460 with and Pioneer head unit and that is clean sound without alot of bass. I plan to replace all speakers with Kicker component full range speakers in the stock locations, dual Kicker 10's (2ohm) in a bandpass box with a 500 watt Kicker mono block...
that should do the trick! i'm kinda impressed with the mach 460 as far as the mid and high range, low end freq. sucks without subs and amp though. but your setup will def sound great for sure!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

(steps back out of sight) I might... aaaah hell I not only resemble that remark my pic is pending approval to post next to the wikipedia definition of "went too far with the stereo". And I say HELL YES BIATCHES!

To me the stereo is just as much part of the driving experience as the exhaust is(funny mis-quoting boyde on a pro-stereo rant huh?). I am sure we all have driven cars either with some stupid am/fm stereo or with out all together and I don't like it. it sucks People start complaining about weight and crap and all I can ask to them is what percentage do you spend driving your car with the stereo entertaining you compaired to at the track where it matters? I know we have more then a few on here with dedicated race cars and yea I can understand them bringing up weight but I think the majority of people that do it are just on the muscle-car/hot-rod anti-stereo band wagon that has been around for a long time now. I designed my last system, like I am doing on this one, so that it is easily removable and replaceable. If you know where the security screws are holding it all together that is... My last stereo was solid enough to push the car with the box(did it on accident once) but the entire system came out with just 5 bolts that were not hard to get too just well hidden. You can have your cake and eat it too if you want too. Takes some planning and don't do it with out expecting some old kook to walk up to you one days shaking his head and talking down to you and your stereo as if his opinion matters on your car stereo choice. This is the case though now on the net from anything from decals/stripes to stereos/racecars....

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score
(steps back out of sight) I might... aaaah hell I not only resemble that remark my pic is pending approval to post next to the wikipedia definition of "went too far with the stereo". And I say HELL YES BIATCHES!

To me the stereo is just as much part of the driving experience as the exhaust is(funny mis-quoting boyde on a pro-stereo rant huh?). I am sure we all have driven cars either with some stupid am/fm stereo or with out all together and I don't like it. it sucks People start complaining about weight and crap and all I can ask to them is what percentage do you spend driving your car with the stereo entertaining you compaired to at the track where it matters? I know we have more then a few on here with dedicated race cars and yea I can understand them bringing up weight but I think the majority of people that do it are just on the muscle-car/hot-rod anti-stereo band wagon that has been around for a long time now. I designed my last system, like I am doing on this one, so that it is easily removable and replaceable. If you know where the security screws are holding it all together that is... My last stereo was solid enough to push the car with the box(did it on accident once) but the entire system came out with just 5 bolts that were not hard to get too just well hidden. You can have your cake and eat it too if you want too. Takes some planning and don't do it with out expecting some old kook to walk up to you one days shaking his head and talking down to you and your stereo as if his opinion matters on your car stereo choice. This is the case though now on the net from anything from decals/stripes to stereos/racecars....

good one!!!! my opinion as well!!! crisp and clear over loud distortion is my pref

OP
OP

2lowsn

Reaction score
i have 2 JL audio w7 subwoofer and still in need of an amplifier but until the motor goes in that's where my attention will be. i cant wait to start doing these types of mods instead of constant repairing lol. what kind of amp do you guys think would push to w7's?

thanks, kyle

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i have 2 JL audio w7 subwoofer and still in need of an amplifier but until the motor goes in that's where my attention will be. i cant wait to start doing these types of mods instead of constant repairing lol. what kind of amp do you guys think would push to w7's?

thanks, kyle
i'm big on keeping audio brand names the same. a simple jl audio 500/1 amp would do the trick.

x136JX5001D-F.jpg

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
small amp but pretty powerful. no need for a huge amp on 2 10" w7s

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online