opinions on subwoofers in mustangs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
amps have gone through alot of changes in the past 5 yrs. Its amazing the power they are getting out of such small packages. Not everyone needs a 34" long amp. I am just special, mom told me so....

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i remember my younger days having big ass crossfire amps, lol! the longer the better hah! but yea ur right scott....big power in small packages now days...

acomaelkhunter

Reaction score
i have 2 JL audio w7 subwoofer and still in need of an amplifier but until the motor goes in that's where my attention will be. i cant wait to start doing these types of mods instead of constant repairing lol. what kind of amp do you guys think would push to w7's?

thanks, kyle

ZXS15001_FLpreview.jpg

cant go wrong with KICKER!

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
i mounted my amp on the back of the rear seat so its completely hidden but if it gets too hot i can just pull down the seat and it gets some fresh air. as for the subs i have a box that has a slanted front (because i couldnt get my 12's to fit due to trunk height. i then put the slanted face towards by back seats so when you open the trunk it just looks like a carpeted box. ill try and take some pics tomorow.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
as for and amp, kickers are good but expensive, BOSS amps are....well i had a 1200w monoblock in my taurus slammin 2 L5 squares (10") and that mofo bumped. it got pretty hot but never shut off on me. i think i paid like $60 for it. i have heard some people have bad luck with them so i guess im a lucky one.

right now i have a planet audio 1000w dual channel and some 12" kenwoods and it hits pretty decent. it would be better with a bigger box but i like having SOME trunk space.

joekd

Reaction score
In my old GT I had a Kenwood monoblock amp and 12" Kicker CVR subwoofer, when it came to this vert I decided I was getting old and wanted trunk space more then "hit me in the back of the head" bass so I simply went with an Infinity Basslink

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've got a single 12 but since my car is race car status its bolted through the floor in a pretty extreme heavy duty manor or else it will fly around my trunk like a ping pong ball.

Doesn't look good but works

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I've got a single 12 but since my car is race car status its bolted through the floor in a pretty extreme heavy duty manor or else it will fly around my trunk like a ping pong ball.

Doesn't look good but works

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
do you have a supercharged carbon fiberized supertuned dual exhaust fan amplifier? no? i do...

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
justin you are going to have to strip your interior to make up for the weight of that sub because racecar

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing I hate about my vert is the small trunk and even smaller trunk opening that limits the size of the sub box.

In my old 95 Blazer I had 4 15" JL's in an Isobaric setup with 4 PPI ProMos Amps and it thumped. When I bought the Mustang I ripped out the Mach460 the second day I had it and popped in some MBQuart 6.5's, Alpine unit, 12"JL and Fosgate Power Series Amps and it was adequate for what I needed.

I am in the process of collecting stereo parts for a redo since I gave my son my old stuff for his car. I have snatched a few Old School Xtant Amps from Ebay to run my Boston Pro 6.5's and Image Dynamic IDMaxx Sub. These Amps are pretty and sound good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nike04life

Members online