paint catastrophe

Asylum938

Reaction score
Ok car was fine when I left this morning from school, I come outside around 1 from class to head to work and I see this WTF HAPPENED?
paint failure or someone bein an asshole possibly? I know its dirty but it was sitting for a while in the garage getting work done and I had to drive it today because our other vehicles were getting inspected.

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Downshift

Reaction score
WTF!!! How in the hell does that happen in a couple hours? Man sorry to see that.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Maybe acid or something that doesn't just happen in 8 hours.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
You've got to be joking! That looks like Clear Coat Failure....ehh It couldnt have happened in a matter of hours.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
That is more than just a clearcoat failure. Some little ass must of gotten jealous and either poured acid or took a screw driver and started chiping away. I would be :tickedoff:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't see pics but you said it was sitting for awhile before you drove it today. Maybe something happened then?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no way that just showed up, you can see the oxidation on the flake and pretty much the rest of the car.

paint's peeling off bud, not much you can do with that, cept get a repaint!

OP
OP
A

Asylum938

Reaction score
dal that did just happen man, why would I lie about something Like that?? It was raining here too maybe that has something to do with the way it looks idk but the paint was fine when I left in the morning.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
wow that is nasty :crying:

Your sig doesn't look anything like it

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is no way in hell that just happens. Clearcoat can fade and start peeling but that just takes it to another level.

Someone had to have done this, wither with some kind of chemical or brute force

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It kinda looks like the hood is a bit different shade than the fenders. probably a cheap repaint.

it really looks like it started peeling off due to bad prep and or bad mix.
Maybe you didn't notice it, but if it was some type of chemical that took it right off, you'd see where it ran off, and it wouldn't be chipping out. like that.

anyway, that sucks man, you gotta get that repainted soon before it rusts!

OP
OP
A

Asylum938

Reaction score
Well the main reason it makes me think someone did it is because here in PA theres been people going around putting acid and other chemicals on car hoods and around other various body parts I saw it on the local news a little while ago just didnt expect it to happen to my car the only day I've taken it out in a like a month :crying: :nonono: :tickedoff: but I guess I could take this oppertunity to just strip the entire car and do all the primer work and such and finish it up with a nice black pearl with some metal flake or something along those lines, I was planning on doing that next year anyway but I wanted to drive it around this summer instead of doing body work :wall:

916_5.0

Reaction score
That reallly sucks, atleast you sound like you have a good plan for what you want to do.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
damn, my college has a brand new HUGE parking structure and there are alot more expensive cars than mine like Vettes, alot of Modded BMW, 4 Subarus, 1 SN95 Saleen. I dont think someone would fuck with my car because there re so many other ones that cost more money

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
damn, my college has a brand new HUGE parking structure and there are alot more expensive cars than mine like Vettes, alot of Modded BMW, 4 Subarus, 1 SN95 Saleen. I dont think someone would f**k with my car because there re so many other ones that cost more money

That dont matter, people will do it to any car if they can get away with it.