Paintscratch.com

07GtS197

Reaction score
Anyone use them for oem paint? Im looking for oem paint for my 87 grand marquis to touch up places where I sanded the surface rust. For the time being I put down some white paint in those areas so the rust doesnt come back or spread. It looks like a rattle can is about 26 bucks. Not too bad. Anyone use them or can recommend a site theyve used and had a good experience with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I kind of figured since most of our cars have readily available paint. My 87 uses a color that hasnt been used since around 1990 so if I want some touch up paint I either have to go with an online company or napa.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com

I think Im going to go with them instead. It would seem all these companies have bad reviews but Id like to match the paint thats on the car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There is honestly just no way in hell you will be able to find anyplace online that will be able to match how much or how little your paint has faded by just giving them the color. You would be better off taking the cans outside to compare the caps to your car and hope your just as lucky but at least you will be able to see and pick.

$26 for a can of paint is freaking crazy. When I was in phoenix I had them custom mix a color for me, and put it in a can but I think I still got out of the store for under $20.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I know I want to paint the whole car eventually but there are rust spots Im sanding down and spraying for the time being so Im not too concerned. The paint is becoming chalky but theres still enough there that it can still be presentable.

As far as price Im with you Scott it sucks. Ill call napa back tomorrow to see if they can give me an estimate on a rattle can or two. Id have to look around for a similar color but you dont see too many light beige cars anymore it seems.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
napa or any of the local stores will be cheaper. Don't be afraid to ask if you can take the cans outside to see which is closest and that is your best bet. More then likely there is a large price for shipping one can.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Good point thanks. Id really like to match it as best I can, this poor car wasnt well taken care of by its previous owners.

trebor3170

Reaction score
I used them in 01 or 02 when I swapped my tail lights on my 95, don't remember any problems with service, and the paint is still looking good (basecoat/clearcoat), better than the rest of the car actually. Seems to me the stuff was only $10 or 11 a can then:eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online