PI Camshaft

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
No need to reprogram the ecu with PI cams. I was even good with my blower cams on the stock ecu for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
delling3

delling3

Reaction score
Thanks to Rolltide and OldH2S for the offers. I actually picked up a set of very nice PI cams from a low mileage 2001 GT that was totaled in a rear end crash.

I am now gathering everything else I need to actually execute the swap this winter. Frost on the pumpkins this morning, so it'll be here soon enough :(

98'Coco'GtVert

Reaction score
I am contemplating doing a PI cam and intake swap for my NPI '96 GT. I have seen the write ups here, and watched some vids on Youtube. I know that I am late into this game - seems like most of the write-ups were done 10 years ago when these cars were still fairly new, and it seems that PI cams were once fairly easy/cheap to come by. Now it seems that the only options I can find are to spend a fair amount of dough for an set of new aftermarket cams. Does anyone know a source where I should check for alternates?

Also, at least one of the write ups here (http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?51-Truth-about-NPI-vs-PI) suggests using a NPI gasket for the intake swap, while others suggest using a PI intake gasket. Both approaches also require the use of RTV for the area where the NPI head and PI intake don't match up. Has a preference developed for which gasket to use?
Im alil late but bud i would go with a set of MHS PI head & cam package for 96-98 motors, give it a try thats the budget way to go but if you got bread to throw away on the sn95 then grab trickflow 38cc or 44cc heads with MHS stage 2.5 N/A cams package already degreed ready to drop in bud!!! Keep us updated on the build though [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online