Pi head prices

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, i got a set of pi heads that i bought to do the head swap on my car and i relized i could by a 5.4 2v for around 500 with the pi heads on it already.

I was wondering what would be a good price for these heads ? 300 or 400 hundred maybe? it has pi cams with it also but they probably need to have the valve seals replaced like all used heads....... what would you guys recomend for selling them..... Anyone interested?

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
i would say around 350 shipped but thats just me, im getting mine in brand new condition (used but the works done to it bsides a p&p, new springs retainers etc) for 350 locally

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
the cams i got to go with them has like 20k on them and looks like freaken new, the heads are nice and not to dirty but for security they probably should be taken and get a valve job or at least some new seals and they should be cool. I'm thinking ill sell them for 400 since i got all the needed bolts since they are windsor, i got the bigger bolts and the valve cover bolts....i got the valve covers with them but they didn't survive the fed ex gorillas....

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea i'm looking to at least get 300 out of them and then shipping.....don't know how much shipping runs for them though. I still got the boxes they came in so that shouldn't be to bad.

selling them because i found a killer deal on a 5.4 2v "whole motor" for a little more than 400, it has the pi heads on it already and i was just going to put them on a 5.4 block anyway, so i'm trying to get my money back out of them as fast as possible so i can get that motor. Well thats what i'm trying to do :-\

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
get me some info and ill see what shipping will be to you and then i can tell you the price later :)

k

Mitchell

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
shipping would probally be to zip 29385;
are they fully assembled?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea they are assembled. I just took the cams out for a while but i can pop them back in.

One point of advice though. With all used heads you really need to send them to a machinist and get a valve job and new seals put in. these heads have been sitting for a while since they came off the other motor and you probably would need seals since they probably cracked since then.

stanger2125

Reaction score
Well I know something interesting: Frpp as as kit. Contains the heads, the PI intake, and all the hardware and gaskets you will need. The cost is 1500$ CAN. Pretty awesome if you ask me...

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
hey 96mustanggt. Dude, would you like to buy the whole set up? the Pi heads, cams, pi intake with aluminum cross over with the second sensor already tapped and stuff? i also have the install kit from ford. They didn't total out my car and i am going to do the 4v swap and this will help me get the rest of my car painted. What you say?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
well if he don't yell back i'll slap them your way.

Just as a re bop.

1 set of windor pi heads with cams "heads need to be cleaned and since they have been sitting here for a long time they probably need new valve seals put in. other than that they are fine."

1 pi intake with aluminum crossover. "second sensor already tapped"

1 Ford head swap kit. "still in box"

Ill also throw in the pi intake gaskets since i won't be needing them when i get my npi intake back on.

Only thing is that i will have to reinstall my intake before you can get the pi intake.

I was thinking around 700 plus shipping. How does that sound?

Mitchell

firstonraceday

Reaction score
all i really need is the intake and the bare heads if you are willing to separate stuff.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
if 96 don't want them then i guess i will sep.

So you don't need the cams? with out the cams i guess the heads for 325 plus shipping.

and 125 for the intake plus shipping.

would you need the head swap kit to?

black98gt

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
well if he don't yell back i'll slap them your way.

Just as a re bop.

1 set of windor pi heads with cams "heads need to be cleaned and since they have been sitting here for a long time they probably need new valve seals put in. other than that they are fine."

1 pi intake with aluminum crossover. "second sensor already tapped"

1 Ford head swap kit. "still in box"

Ill also throw in the pi intake gaskets since i won't be needing them when i get my npi intake back on.

Only thing is that i will have to reinstall my intake before you can get the pi intake.

I was thinking around 700 plus shipping. How does that sound?

Mitchell
interested where are you located

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'm located in Charlotte NC. but my house where the heads are, is in morven, NC.

yea sorry black, "first" has first dibs lol.

I'll give the original one a couple more days and then ill sell.

So First, do you want the cams with it or no?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online