pi intake busted

redfire4.6

Reaction score
Finally happened. Driving down the road and all of a sudden coolant sprayed all over my windshield and created fog driving down the road. After looking at it found the tube on the passenger side rear of the intake, coolant nipple (lack of a better word) busted off. As I have stated before when I joined. I know nothing about these cars. Anywhere I can find a detailed step by step to get it replaced. Just ordered a new intake a little while ago. Thanks

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Finally happened. Driving down the road and all of a sudden coolant sprayed all over my windshield and created fog driving down the road. After looking at it found the tube on the passenger side rear of the intake, coolant nipple (lack of a better word) busted off. As I have stated before when I joined. I know nothing about these cars. Anywhere I can find a detailed step by step to get it replaced. Just ordered a new intake a little while ago. Thanks

Man, I wish you would have checked in before ordering that one. What year is your car, and what intake did you order?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I overlooked the title. You have a pi intake. If it's on a pi car then everything is as simple as I bolting the old one and bolting on the new one.

OP
OP
R

redfire4.6

Reaction score
20160218_185737_zpsb5xkp08s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

07GtS197

Reaction score
I see you have coil over plugs so you should have a pi intake unless someone did a cop conversion on an sn95. The factory intake from 99-04, pi intake and ford racing intake are all the same just different names. Like said above its easy to do just look up the bolt torque sequence and dont overtorque the bolts and youll be set.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
one of the few times I don't mind lugging around the heavy aluminum piece. Just curious, how long do they last? I mean sure in a perfect world they last for ever but in our world how long do they last? Sorry to post jack my ignorance was curious....

neverenuff

Reaction score
Supposedly the Dorman doesn't flow as well as the OEM Ford piece, sorry to hear about that manifold. Edelbrock and 6061 elbow would look real nice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
one of the few times I don't mind lugging around the heavy aluminum piece. Just curious, how long do they last? I mean sure in a perfect world they last for ever but in our world how long do they last? Sorry to post jack my ignorance was curious....
No...youre absolutely right. The plastic intakes on the trucks are giving up due to age alone. High miles doesnt have an effect. Its all age and it makes sense. Plastic goes with age.

If I buy another modular intake, itll be an aluminum one.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey its a nice stock replacement. Unless your trying to squeeze every last HP out of the car then it will work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99