Pic of my next motor!!

ripper

Reaction score
Those are outlaws arent they Tad? Guy had one at Englishtown one day and help me out with some tools when i blew up. You wanna see his trailer. He had more tools in there then my tuner has lol. You really thinkin of goin in that direction?

ripper

Reaction score
Im not absolutley sure hicks. I think its a ford block and thats about it lol. BIG BLOCK lol. And then they get some money from ford as sponser. I think drag racing is the lowest paying racing job there is.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yep. Those are outlaw cars. You can learn more bout them at www.outlawracing.com

I'm not sure if I would build an outlaw car . .. depends on the rules. But, I do eventually want to put my car into the low sevens or high sixes before I step up to a Funny Car.

95Boss

Reaction score
Those motors require mucho donero to build and repair. Purpose built motors always do and a good mechanic to boot. Good luck Tad. I cannot imagine a full-bodied car doing sixes.

Hicks

Reaction score
95Boss said:
Those motors require mucho donero to build and repair. Purpose built motors always do and a good mechanic to boot. Good luck Tad. I cannot imagine a full-bodied car doing sixes.

it's happened before

95Boss

Reaction score
I know, but it's still difficult to comprehend a stock-bodied car doing the quarter that quickly. Props to the guys who accomplish it.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
95Boss said:
I know, but it's still difficult to comprehend a stock-bodied car doing the quarter that quickly. Props to the guys who accomplish it.
especially if they do it in a convertible...that would be schweet!

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
be sure to put the top down...you could launch a damn space shuttle with that thing...

Hicks

Reaction score
dude... 5.9 second pass is insane..

But i gues that 1 second margian is huge...
Because the Bad boys run 4 seconds at 330mph...
???

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hicks said:

???

Once you get below 11s . . every second is harder to get and more expensive. As far as going 6s in my car, I hope to get it there one day. But . . the car will have a completely new chassis, probably a different motor, and every body panel that can be replaced with fiberglass.

I know of some fox body verts that have run in the 7.15 range . . . . I just want the fastest vert ever.

Not too much to ask.

ripper

Reaction score
I got a feeling you will peel that vert off soon. Doesnt it ripple and make noise now doin 9's. It'll be the first time the track crew had to clean up white vert pieces from the track lol.

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hicks said:

???

Once you get below 11s . . every second is harder to get and more expensive. As far as going 6s in my car, I hope to get it there one day. But . . the car will have a completely new chassis, probably a different motor, and every body panel that can be replaced with fiberglass.

I know of some fox body verts that have run in the 7.15 range . . . . I just want the fastest vert ever.

Not too much to ask.

whats the record?

Hellion94

Reaction score
For a vert? I actually don't know, lowest I've ever actually seen is like 7.40's, but that's just me I'm sure there are way faster verts out there.

The car I posted is Brad Brands coupe right after he swapped the 707" big block into it with twin 88mm turbos. He has since rearranged his setup some.

The fact that the Outlaw 10.5 cars such as Brand's car can go mid to high 6's is pretty incredible, but there's really not much on those cars that isn't totally race. They require the shock towers to be in place, but most just hack off everything around them and build a tube chassis through the stock body...which is mostly replaced by carbon fiber panels on most cars.

AS for Top Fuel funny car and Top Fuel dragster engines, they are not Fords, not even the blocks. In all actuality, they aren't anything that has ever been produced by any of the big 3 domestic producers. The blocks are modeled after the larger Hemi engines that have been used in Top Fuel since the 60's, but are modified to increase strength. Most of the blocks are made by companies like Fontana, Brad Anderson Engineering, etc.. They are custom aluminum blocks, with custom cylinder heads made specifically for top fuel, BUT Rumor has it that John Force is actually trying to work with Ford on building an actual Ford based Top Fuel style motor for use in his cars. So we'll see how that turns out.

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
For a vert? I actually don't know, lowest I've ever actually seen is like 7.40's, but that's just me I'm sure there are way faster verts out there.

The car I posted is Brad Brands coupe right after he swapped the 707" big block into it with twin 88mm turbos. He has since rearranged his setup some.

The fact that the Outlaw 10.5 cars such as Brand's car can go mid to high 6's is pretty incredible, but there's really not much on those cars that isn't totally race. They require the shock towers to be in place, but most just hack off everything around them and build a tube chassis through the stock body...which is mostly replaced by carbon fiber panels on most cars.

AS for Top Fuel funny car and Top Fuel dragster engines, they are not Fords, not even the blocks. In all actuality, they aren't anything that has ever been produced by any of the big 3 domestic producers. The blocks are modeled after the larger Hemi engines that have been used in Top Fuel since the 60's, but are modified to increase strength. Most of the blocks are made by companies like Fontana, Brad Anderson Engineering, etc.. They are custom aluminum blocks, with custom cylinder heads made specifically for top fuel, BUT Rumor has it that John Force is actually trying to work with Ford on building an actual Ford based Top Fuel style motor for use in his cars. So we'll see how that turns out.

Thanks!!! i was wondering

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online