Port and Polish NPI

ALITL8

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
ALITL8 said:
DropTopPony said:
ALITL8 said:
i stopped reading a little ways into this but here's the low down... if your going to spend the money to P&P NPI heads, get PI heads and port them. ported NPI heads flow better than stock PI heads but not better than ported PI heads.

in the end, its your car, do what you want to do to it. im going ported PI heads with my build when it starts (soon i hope!!). the guy that will be doing my heads does hand porting and my tuner says he's the best.

Thats absolutely not true!!!

Renegade ported NPI's flow the same as MPH ported 2.5 PI's...

if its not true, why does everyone switch to the PI heads? why wouldnt we all just port our NPI heads and use sillycone to install our intakes? im not saying im right, cause what the hell do i know... i just know what ive been told by people that do know :dunno:

Its the info that was spread around in the beginning but has been proved wrong by those who have no financial gain in you buying new heads. I was under the impression that NPI's were junk myself because this is what a few idiots in magazines said so we all believed. But a few guys over on Modular Depot played around proved the bottleneck was the intake/cams not so much the heads. The stock PI heads have larger valves and are capable of higher lift so when the NPI are outfitted with equal size valves and offset retainers they stack up quite well. The big downfall of PI vs NPI heads stock vs stock is the exhaust port flow but Jim at Renegade can fix that up nicely.
Go over to TCCOA forums (tbird-cougar) they laugh at us Mustang owners because we are so quick to ditch the stock heads in favor of PI and they can buy them (our NPI's) super cheap and send them off to Renegade.

does renegade have a web site? i'd like to read more and check out some pricing.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, you can only reach him by phone or email and he is super busy and won't respond to emails unless you already know of him and his work...from what i hear he doesn't respond to the tire kicker emails since it takes time away from actually answering emails from his customers.
If you want info search on www.tccoa.com as most of his customers are there. He is expensive but does top notch work.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
BACK ON THE TOPIC OR :gtfo:
go debate about this shit in another thread.

all i wanted to know is which is the better way to go with the choices i wanna do and thats it. two pages of people arguing is not what i wanted.

so back to the topic or just :gtfo:

ALITL8

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:

all i wanted to know is which is the better way to go with the choices i wanna do and thats it. two pages of people arguing is not what i wanted.

we're kinda on topic... we're still talking PI vs NPI.

do what you think is right for your car... obviously with the right port job from Renegade you can get great flow #'s with the NPI's. do that, you'll be unique... hell, if it works well for you i know what the next 4.6 build will be on my daughter's car. ive got 3 sets of NPI heads (2 on running cars) and a set of PI's waiting for me to spend some money on them.

ported NPI power equivalent to ported PI power for the right price sounds like the way to go... you wont have to buy heads :dunno:

Adam

Reaction score
I will try to be unbiased here. If you are gonna port/polish its gonna be the same money. Whether you have a set of NPI and you spend $1500 for porting/valves/springs etc. Or whether you buy PI heads already done for $1500. Its the same money. BUT, if you use the NPI, you are very limited as to what kind of an intake you can bolt to them. With very little variety of intakes for the 2V out there now, they sure the hell aren't gonna waste money making one for NPI applications. Looking longterm at your project is always a good idea too. Some of the best Modular head porters in this country don't want anything to do with NPI stuff. There is a reason for that. Renegade has found there niche, they have made equal to ported PI head power, with NPI castings that they port. I think thats great, thats variety.Here is what i would do in this order if I hd to choose:

1.Run PI intake/cams in NPI heads(best bang for the buck)
2. Do full PI swap H/C/I Best bang for the headswap)
3. Do full ported PI swap (Most power to be had AND have castings that manufacturers make things for)
4. Port NPI heads/cams/intake. (I would never do this) :)

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i already have the PI Intake on NPI heads with NPI Cams
i think ive decided to go with a FULL PI swap, all i need are the heads and cams since i got the intake already

jpajkos

Reaction score
His motor made more power then mine for the simple fact with his cams he could rev a hell of alot higher then me. The Patriot heads flowed a hell of alot better then mine did. He basically did a full H/C/I build up with a bored over 285 block forged bottom end and has other mods like an electric water pump etc. It's not that hard to make more power when you have a better setup and have a hell of alot better parts under your hood. Alot of people knock the Patriot heads but I think there great. Match with a good set of cams and a good intake you car will defiantly want to rev and can rev.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:

yes Dad

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
my96gtstang said:

yes Dad

sorry just gets irritating sometimes you know

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its the internet, don't let things bother you...i absorb the info i need and the rest i ignore.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea this is one of the hardest things to talk about and not turn into a debate. Alot of people look like this :rant: when they talk about it. You just have to make up your mind on what you want to do for yourself ya know. but to which ever way you go. good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online