Port & polish

Kevin

Reaction score
This is my 1st time doing any thing like this. Here are a few pics of me P&Ping a stock intake plenum.
You ask why would you port a stocker? Well from what I have read you can get pretty good gains from it and if P&P right it will out flow a C&L. Heres some pics of about 3 hours messin with it. Its a good start. If you have any info or tips feel free to let me know. I will be doing a full write up on this and sending it to the mods on here to so maybe they can make it a sticky.

OP
OP
K

Kevin

Reaction score
I dont know why but it wouldnt let me post any thing up top!

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY RAN OUT OF ROOM, RE-UPLOAD IF YOU WISH!

OP
OP
K

Kevin

Reaction score
more

OP
OP
K

Kevin

Reaction score
This sides are alot smoother then they look.

OP
OP
K

Kevin

Reaction score
The 2nd pic on this page is what it looked like when I got it

OP
OP
K

Kevin

Reaction score
Any body know a good bit for my dreaml I could use to polish into the really hard to reach places?

RippinSVT

Reaction score
Polishing parts on the intake side of the combustion chamber is ancient 1960's technology. I'm not gonna get into the real technical stuff, but a slightly rough intake tract will flow better than one that is polished smooth.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
RippinSVT said:
Polishing parts on the intake side of the combustion chamber is ancient 1960's technology. I'm not gonna get into the real technical stuff, but a slightly rough intake tract will flow better than one that is polished smooth.

What ???? a rough tract will flow better than a smooth one, where the hell did you get that info from? Whoever told you that needs to be :slap:

STNG_96

Reaction score
Now, now, give him a chance to explain his reasoning

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Now, now, give him a chance to explain his reasoning

Im not jumping him just who told him that bunch of crap...........Im still waiting on his responce.

ALITL8

Reaction score
im working on the same project. i havent started on the upper intake yet because i picked up the wrong flex shaft for my dremel... taking care of that tomorrow. if i had my camera i'd show you a picture of the halfshafted, ported and polished throttle body (approx. 69mm's now) i finished a few days ago ;D

also why did you remove the hump at the back of the plenum. is that hump not needed for moving air around that port? ive never seen the inside of an aftermarket so i dont know :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online