Project "Bodacious"

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
I am hoping to have my 66 done enough to bring it.

That would be real sweet! Just updated myself on your build thread, I'm really excited to see her in person!

Well slight update, slow and steady progress. Now I'm just waiting on caliper paint and then there are NO MORE EXCUSES why I shouldn't make fast progress after receiving the paint. Started assembling the coil-overs and painted the spindles to kind of clean everything up. Got one control arm on and torqued everything down on the k-member to spec. I was kind of disappointed with Max Mot for a design flaw. The motor mounts on the k-member don't leave you enough space between the mount bolt and the one upright tube. I couldn't fit a standard ratchet and regular wall socket in the space to tighten up the mounts let alone fit a torque wrench in there. Solution was to sacrifice a wrench and frankenstein a bar to the one end of the wrench for leverage. More to come!

photoMedium.jpg

photo2Medium.jpg

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Worked allllll freakin day today! :sleepy1: Here's the results after hours, hours, hours and a few beeers:

1Medium.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Still waiting on the sway bar end links and relocation kit but besides that she's ready for the alignment shop!! Now I just need to tackle the rear-end and we'll be golden!

mikey94gt

Reaction score
looking good man! that thing is gonna handle like its on rails now!

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
mikey94gt said:
looking good man! that thing is gonna handle like its on rails now!

Thanks man, i'm glad to be done. Was getting tired of seeing all this sh!t spewed out all over the left side of the garage! I hope it handles well lol, if not it'll at least get rid of all the chattering from the worn control arm bushings :tongue3:

I feel it's not low enough. I was just browsing here and saw pic's of DFG magic's car and prob need to be lower lol :bootyshake:

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Don't go too low, I lowered mine to the point the tire was almost tucked, and it ripped up my fender liners.

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
duh09 said:
Look great man! Let us know how you like everything ASAP

Well so far I barely drove it lol. Trailered it down to the shop yesterday and had it aligned only to find out the k-member is a 1/4" outta square and the coil hits the strut tower :BangHead: :BangHead: Back to the drawing board lol!

mikey94gt said:
Don't go too low, I lowered mine to the point the tire was almost tucked, and it ripped up my fender liners.

Yeah I think I'm gonna settle with this height for now. Magic had a site for new liner's so you can drop it low without messing anything up but i'll cross that road later lol. Like mentioned above i have other things to worry about now lol.

FI-Cobra said:
I like how the rotors and calipers turned out. What is the weight difference between the MM and stock K member?

Thanks man I'm really happy how they turned out also. Def cleans up the whole view of the car! Not sure of the weight difference, I haven't really sat down and thought about it. I'm sure there is a significant one though!

danielson631

Reaction score
hey steve-oh i was wondering how much on average a shop would charge to align a k-member? and are there places that specialize in this or do they do it at a normal wheel alignment place that also does basicly everything else?

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
danielson631 said:
hey steve-oh i was wondering how much on average a shop would charge to align a k-member? and are there places that specialize in this or do they do it at a normal wheel alignment place that also does basicly everything else?

Yeah i know I could take it to a place to do it but really really really don't feel like wasting any more money on it when i know i can do it myself. I was just being an idiot and lazy and didn't double check my measurements when i put it back together. I'm gonna mess with it a little this week and if i cant get it then i'm just going to have to bite it and pay someone.

But as of now i brought the Camber in a little which brought the coil away from the strut tower so it's drivable. Drove it around a little today and HOLY HELL what a difference!! Not one single rattle or squeak from the front end! Extremely happy with the results. it feels great in corners and doesn't ride hard at all. It can only get better from here!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online