Project Deceptive GT

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
I hate paying for anything when I know I could do it better

At the time I had it done I did not have a place to do it or access to tools. It really pisses me off. The only redeeming quality is knowing the business went under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
At the time I had it done I did not have a place to do it or access to tools. It really pisses me off. The only redeeming quality is knowing the business went under.

I understand why people have to pay for stuff to be done, it just ticks me off. I just had a long conversation with a buddy of mine about a "customs" guy around here who totally dicks up everyone's stuff.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's a custom shop that my company secures. I was there one day looking at there cameras and they had a brand new charger hellcat in the bay. They'd built this huge sub box but obviously don't understand that you measure twice and cut once. The box woudnt even go all the way in to the trunk and instead of trying to change the box they decided to use a bfh to change the shape of the whee wells.

I was just looking in shock and awe with my jaw dropped when the shop owner walked in and seen what his guys were doing.

Needless to say he went off on his guys and one of em looked up and said " it woudnt fit. What are we supposed to do?" The owner is a friend of mine and knows my background and asked me if I seen something wrong. Pretty bad that I've been out of that show a long time and I had to show them how to fix the angles on the box to make it slide In. He's asked me many times if I'm ready to get back into that biz but he can't afford me and I can't afford the paycut.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
It pisses me off the crap job they did.

I spent a bunch of money on new connectors and heat shrink tubing. I am starting to make all the connections and move forward.

Once the weather breaks I will start getting the rest of the old suspension setup out and start putting the new stuff on.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Ran the power wire for, wired, and mounted the relay for the FPDM wiring upgrade.
a6c1e5fbf8bcc6de1836a2bb8f3025d4.jpg

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Door panels are back on which means the door setups are mounted and wired. Ordered new carpet as the non Mass Back crap I ordered was not laying how I wanted. Once the carpet arrives I can continue putting the interior back together.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I used the mass back and it worked out quite well. Hopefully you will be happy!

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Rear end is out of the car and in the back of my truck. I am dropping it off at the shop today to be torn down and off to powder coating.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Progress being the key word. You are doing fine! Take your time. In fact go slower than me...if thats possible.

OP
OP
Deceptive GT

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
The dash is back in place. Still have the steering column, cluster, and radio to install.

I seem to have lost the bolts for the seat belts where the female part attaches to the seat. I may have had them on the seat when I sold them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online