Project intervention (the 2v's 1/4 slip)

Reaction score
And this is where it starts. Maybe one of the only guys that starts off with a motor and don't even have the car it will go in yet. Soon though,very soon.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Nice, I like the direction this build is going in.
thanks man, I need some opinions though... I also have a 03 cobra IRS as well so im trying to decide if i want to go drag with the 4R70W automatic and a 8.8 rear or go road course with a 6 speed and the IRS. Either one would be a beast but of two separate worlds.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
thanks man, I need some opinions though... I also have a 03 cobra IRS as well so im trying to decide if i want to go drag with the 4R70W automatic and a 8.8 rear or go road course with a 6 speed and the IRS. Either one would be a beast but of two separate worlds.
Who says you got to do either? Have you seen the pimp rides around this forum?

Youre off to a good start !

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Who says you got to do either? Have you seen the pimp rides around this forum?

Youre off to a good start !

He's kind of right, drag racing and road racing setups are diametrically opposed - he points this out with his transmission dilemma. Auto would be better for drag, terrible for road racing and vice versa. If he wants to do either somewhat seriously, he'd have to pick road racing or drag.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Set it up for road racing. The end. The IRS would make it more drivable on the street, as well. The six speed will be more fun than the automatic. And you can find 90 mile road courses (silver state classic)... which is equivalent to 720 eighth mile drags. Keep us posted on your progress.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Set it up for road racing. The end. The IRS would make it more drivable on the street, as well. The six speed will be more fun than the automatic. And you can find 90 mile road courses (silver state classic)... which is equivalent to 720 eighth mile drags. Keep us posted on your progress.
I agree, I've wanted to do a build in the road racing direction for awhile now which is why I got the IRS. I love the look of them with the splitters, toe hooks, defusers and side pipes. Im def a manual tranny guy, in the words of a good friend "I like to tell that thing when to shift".I plan to get this car and work on some much needed cosmetics and get it to a dependable daily status first. Drive it for awhile until I get the ford racing harness and computer for the coyote, the oil pan and headers for the swap. Then once I have everything I will swap to the coyote, run the auto and 8.8 until I can save up to get a 6 speed and everything i need to swap to the IRS. Then go from there with tweaking the details such as getting a tubular kmember, bigger brakes and other suspension mods for a nice daily/autoX car. Maybe go to the nearest track and hurt a few Z/28 guy's feelings.

RichV

Reaction score
There nothing that says a manual and IRS can't be in a drag car. The most popular Mustang drag car is a Terminator that has both.

Should be an interesting project none the less.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
There nothing that says a manual and IRS can't be in a drag car. The most popular Mustang drag car is a Terminator that has both.Should be an interesting project none the less.
You heard me thinking man! May not be top pick in a drag setup but I have seen several 9 and 10 second IRS cars.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Maximum Motorsports has a package for the IRS that is specifically designed to eliminate any and all woes that people would use to argue against the IRS in a drag racing set up. A car designed for the twists and turns can still go straight just fine. But it's not always the case when it's the other way around. Plus, as a car that will also see street use, the IRS will be better any day of the week, always. Now, did I hear you say side exhaust? Six speed coyote swap, with longtubes leading to side exit exhaust... yes, please! And an IRS swap? You will have one badass mustang when this is finished, sir.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Maximum Motorsports has a package for the IRS that is specifically designed to eliminate any and all woes that people would use to argue against the IRS in a drag racing set up. A car designed for the twists and turns can still go straight just fine. But it's not always the case when it's the other way around. Plus, as a car that will also see street use, the IRS will be better any day of the week, always. Now, did I hear you say side exhaust? Six speed coyote swap, with longtubes leading to side exit exhaust... yes, please! And an IRS swap? You will have one badass mustang when this is finished, sir.
Thank you sir. I will definitely look into that. I was also going to mention that a set of 47lb GT500 injectors, so a tid bit of boost will be in the blue prints somewhere. I have a p1 procharger setting on the shelf but it is a carb set up so I would need to purchase all the necessary piping, intercooler, pulley, bracket, etc. etc... And I kinda told my brother he could buy it of me to put on his 66 f100 with a carbed 460 big block. So whether I go turbo or charger Im not sure but It should definitely be intense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online