Project: JonBeast Interior

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Its been a long time coming but I've finally made some major steps in my tan to black interior conversion. I have had a steering wheel and carpet sitting in my basement for over a year haha But since I moved from PA to NJ, and we needed some space, it lit the fire under me to finally put the carpet it.

So I ripped out my entire interior and got to work. I didn't take any pictures of the process, and I'm pissed now that I didn't...but imagine a completely tan interior, and now what it is haha.

Here is what I did:

New center console, new carpet, new steering wheel, new air vents, new glove box, and other miscellaneous pieces

As for the dash, door panels, rear panels, kick panels, etc...I used Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric black spray and it turned out amazing.

Here is where I am so far:

Interior1-1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

Interior4.jpg

Interior5.jpg

Interior6.jpg

Interior7.jpg

Interior8.jpg

Interior9.jpg

Issues:

1. The steering wheel that I bought that I thought was black, is noticeably gray...I ordered a black one, but it looks like it is the grey color in the 99-04 interiors. So I need to figure something out with that.

2. Also, with my fresh carpet, my "black" floor mats look grey now as well.

3. I need to put my mach460 speakers back in (took them out last summer when I took my mirrors off to paint them, haven't put them back on since haha)

4. Need to put my rear speaker covers back on

5. Need to put my brake and clutch pedal bullitt pedals on (PITA)

NOW THE TO-DO LIST

1. I need black seats! I am looking at summit and hunsaker vinyl racing seats right now, I am rolling around in one tan seat and it looks terrible haha I also would love to get my hands on some cobra seats...I'm in the market for anything

2. Black rear seat delete

3. New head unit

4. Convertible top cover (tonnue cover, but not a speedster one, however I will be getting one eventually)

DREAM TO DO LIST

1. Speedster tonnue cover

2. Styling bar

As soon as I get some seats and a rear seat delete...its gonna be time for some new wheels :dancing6: Going to be going with black wheels this time around.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
the mats do look grey,as for the steering wheel get a FR500 :coolsmiley: you can get on e for as low as $140 shipped Brand new

New head unit? Alpine FTW!!!

Looks pretty good for duplicolor spray paint :thumb:

ill be doing the black swap pretty soon but im getting the black interior pieces "factory"

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:
the mats do look grey,as for the steering wheel get a FR500 :coolsmiley: you can get on e for as low as $140 shipped Brand new

ill be doing the black swap pretty soon but im getting the black interior pieces "factory"
The FR500 is the dark grey color too...to match the new edge interior color. I need a straight black one from 94-94 to match my interior.

If by factory you mean from ford...prepare to pay $500 a door panel.

I bet if I told you I replaced the dash and door panels with black ones, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Even in person, it came out amazing.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
JonBeast said:
ıʌɐɾ said:

The FR500 is the dark grey color too...to match the new edge interior color. I need a straight black one from 94-94 to match my interior.

If by factory you mean from ford...prepare to pay $500 a door panel.

I bet if I told you I replaced the dash and door panels with black ones, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Even in person, it came out amazing.

i meant used interior i didnt explain as good,the interior do looks good,my first thought was that you swap interior not painted Looks awesome Jon :coolsmiley:

and you are right the FR500 is charcoal or whatever color it is

Where did you get the Black carpet from?

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Bought it from 50resto...it fit really good.

Yes, my initial idea was to swap out everything...but its really hard to locate black door panels, they get picked up pretty quick. I got my center console out of a junkyard car.

Does anyone have any ideas for a project name for my car? I'm thinking something like Project Shade, or Project Shaded... I just want a cool project name for it :)

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
that duplicolor vinyl and fabrics works amazing. it will never come off your doors either, unless you stab it with something, but it still wont' peel off or anything like that i used it on that camaro and wanted to test it on some crap panels before i used it on everything i i tried everything to get it to come off, you name it i put it on there and it didn't come off, antifreeze, random liquids lol and used a big eraser on it and it didn't come off.

lol i sound like an advertisement but it's the best i've seen.

i had to scroll back up to the top to reread what you used it on, cause i couldn't even tell lol.

looks great :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I know! This stuff is incredible, its literally a perfect factory match, I don't know how they do it. I'm so glad I got this stuff...I bought it just to experiment and see how it came out, and I was shocked with the results. I couldn't be happier with the way it came out.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
From the pics I would not have hought you painted the tan stuff black. Looks real good. :thumb:

Goldmember

Reaction score
That stuff is good, if you told me you swapped from a black interior parts car I'd believe it. Cool!

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
UPDATES 6/12/08

Relocated the factory amps and convertible top master cylinder to where my rear seat delete bottom will cover it. This way I can send things through my trunk into the backseat area of my car. More storage room if I need it :thumb:

I still need to clean up the wires, and get everything tied down, but I'll do that once I get my RSD in. I'm making my RSD with hinges and clips at the top so i can fold it down when i want to run something long through the car.

I also removed the rear seat belts, and all the lining in the back to have a clean look. I like it so far. I am going to be carpeting the whole area from under my RSD to my trunk.

DSCN0471.jpg

ALSO, I took out the panels in my trunk and used the vinyl spray to make them black. Everything else is going black, can't neglect the trunk...

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0486.jpg

Hellion94

Reaction score
Where did you find the carpet for the trunk area? Also, where did you get the duplicolor stuff?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Where did you find the carpet for the trunk area? Also, where did you get the duplicolor stuff?

I used the dupli-color stuff to spray my tan interior black. I need one more can to finish everything up. Hellion94... Anywhere you can buy dupli-color should have the interior paint. I.E. Autozone, Advance Auto Parts... I even saw it for sale in the new Summit Racing mag I got yesterday.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Yea I got the paint from autozone, the flat black paint.

That is actually my stock carpet, I used the paint to spray that too...I'm going to be recarpeting it though. I'm going to a local carpet place and getting some scraps and I'm going to cut it to fit, gonna look nice, better than the stock felt crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online