Question about installs...?

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
voidfinger said:
my96gtstang said:
meh, if you never do it you never learn...
that's how i see it

or you can spend 3 times as much replacing gears b/c they are worn out b/c not set up right. I've seen it happen and its not nice. So i'll save the extra money and get it set up right... plus my gears have lasted for like 150k... but back then i wish i would have stepped up in the gear size...

Lol, how do you know it's getting done right? Because it cost's alot? There's an aweful lot of threads floating around lately about people who entrusted their car's to the "pro's" because "they'd rather have it done right" and getting them back missing part's, broken, effed up in one way or another.

I personally entrusted my car to a very respected shop down in Akron, they are in the Mag's all the time, but they flubbed my gear install, broke three T45's before I firgured out what the hell the deal was.

I paid 150 dollar's for a dial indicator and mag base, spent three hours on my back getting the pattern perfect, and then I KNEW they were right. I knew it because I saw it.

BTW, that superawesome shop, merely stuck my new gear's in with the stock shims, because "usually they are close enough"

Well i have the shop that i have everything done at do mine. I trust the guy and thats why I give him my money... It kinda isn't nice that you dirrected the "I want it done right"/ Belittle statement at me... But whatever, i'm not gonna be an ass about it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
No, I directed the statement at everyone, ever always says "I'll pay to have it done right" there no reason why it can't be done right in your garage, regardless of who you are.

At any rate, when it comes down to it, I don't care how any of you get the work done. But it's not rocket science, the guy asked if he can do it himself, he can simple as that.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
"the guy" ahhah
thanks J.R.

I will do it myself like I orginially said with the help of a group of friends. hopefully we can get it all done in a day or two
that's EVERYTHING
s/c kit and tune
suspension
gears
shift kit *takes 2 seconds*

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Good luck and have fun :thumb: We're here if you get stuck.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
thanks bro
i'm sure i will talk to you online soon
i'm at school right now then i got work till like 7 or 8 so...

voidfinger

Reaction score
so whats up with the loan man... how did that come ? what kinda payments you looking at?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yesterday when i go to work i was busy so i couldn't get a chance to go talk to my rep, i'm going in early today to sit down with the rep and play with some numbers....
hope i don't get raped by interest....

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Man if your taking out a loan for those upgrades I wouldn't do it. That just has a terrible sound to it but my car is sorta a hobby and I won't take out a loan on for a toy. :thumb:

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
Man if your taking out a loan for those upgrades I wouldn't do it. That just has a terrible sound to it but my car is sorta a hobby and I won't take out a loan on for a toy. :thumb:
lucky for you then.. because my car is my life :hammer:

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
For a 6,000 dollar loan over 4 years it's 152.17 a month
But I am going to wait a while.... which really sucks because I really wanna do this setup but I want to make sure things work out well... for me cuz i'm about to graduate college and have a bunch of bills.... so... hopefully I can land a job soon

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
But I am going to wait a while.... which really sucks because I really wanna do this setup but I want to make sure things work out well... for me cuz i'm about to graduate college and have a bunch of bills.... so... hopefully I can land a job soon

My freaking car loan was less than that....It's your bill though.

voidfinger

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:

So for 6k you would be paying them back 7302.72... wow thats like stupid... 1302.72 in interest huh. They can suck my ball's before i did that... just save up the money man. it won't take that long.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah... basically....
i could do it for 36 months *3 years* and pay 190 or so a month and it came out to 950 or something back... still... fuck that

I think with my tax returns I'ma get the shift kit and gears and leave it be for a while.
Put the rest in a saves account and just keep adding money to her...

voidfinger

Reaction score
shit yea dude... add like the payments are and in no time it will seem you'll have it... speaking of which i need to open a saving account... start saving for the future lol.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Financial adviser?? I have a separate account for my car, Its called a money box in my gun safe :hammer: I pull $150.00 out of my check every week and set it aside for my car. It builds quickly.

voidfinger

Reaction score
I get payed every 2 weeks so thats about 300 for me... but i want to start a saving account for mine so that it will gain interest while its setting there ya know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online