question about vac lines/catch can with a vortech system

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
dude if you keep posting like that I am sure the others are going to start thinking that you are hittin on me or something :handz:.

ok ok ok I think I understand it and have a pic in my head of what needs to be done.

I will run a line from the valve cover, to the other valve cover to the catch can. And then from the pcv to the catch can. I will take the bolt out of the top that seals the can or allows the breather to be installed and use that for the vac line then.

Vac lines will start from the intake(after the maf) to the vac tree. From there its split off to the catch can, cruise control, brakes, ac controls and evap

Thanks again for all this. When I get out of the hospital I will start on the pass side and go from there.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Vac lines will start from the intake(after the maf) to the vac tree. From there its split off to the catch can, cruise control, brakes, ac controls and evap

You can't run vac to the catch can from there cause it will be under boost when you are on the throttle. . It would have to be pre blower or a vac pump like Rio Snake.

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
**** what every one thinks. . Im a man and I do who ever I want. .

not sure where this came from but ok.
So the vac line for the catch can I need some help with I guess. So rather then taking the vac from the tree run a separate line either to a pump or too a separate feeder from the intake, pre blower? Again sorry for the dumb questions but I would rather understand what is happening then just follow instructions. So under acceleratoin the pcv and the valve covers will receive boosted pressure that if I had it fed to the vac tree, would then push boost instead of vac to the tree right?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I was being a lil gay.. "do who ever I want". Guess I'm not funny behind a key board. . Huh. Go figure. .

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Which it won't hurt anything else vacuum related. But you can't have it going to the catch can or it will do no good. .

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
In about a few month ill post how I did mine on my cobra. Still gathering parts. The 95 is just open breather so it's pretty simple. .

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was being a lil gay.. "do who ever I want". Guess I'm not funny behind a key board. . Huh. Go figure. .

a
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I gotcha. I thought it was still car related. There ya go with 3 responses to my post keep this up and handz will start to get jealous that a dude other then him is getting hit on :) Ok enough homo talk now with you avatar in its pink bow tie pointing at me.

any pics would be helpful of course. The catch can has the option for a breather if its easier then running a separate vac line to it.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It can get a lil complicated. . Like if you hook it up pre blower on the power pipe there is a posibility that it can suck some oil back to the blower back into the intake.. when I do my 98 I'm going to the power pype for vacuum. Im looking for a baffled catch can to help reduce the chance of getting any junk back up the intake. Some people also stuff some absorbent material in the catch can to help reduce that. .

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when you say the power pipe I assume you mean the intake for the supercharger? Any reason you are going vented on yours but suggesting to keep mine sealed and with the vac line? Again just trying to understand more of the supercharger thanks for your help.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
On my 95 I run vented. On my 98 going to be running sealed. . I have a vortech for my 98 it comes with a power pipe.. im going to try to get vacuum off of it. Sealed it's better it's better to keep some vacuum on the crank case.. vented is alot easier. If you want to run a vented can. Its real simple. You can vent it to the catch can and forget about it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the kit I got came with a power pipe as well and if ya have not noticed I am still pretty new to motors, let alone superchargers so the easier the better. BUT(there is always a but) remember that this car is special to me since my mother was the original owner and I am not planning on selling it and would like to do it right, do it once and be done with it....

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The best way to do it in my option is to run a vacuum pump. I have no experience running one tho. Rio snake or opal have better input on the vac pump.. its said an engine will run better even gain a few ponies running a vac pump. .

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
another thing i heard of people doing is venting the sealed can to the exhaust.. something else you can look into

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online