Question about wheel spacers

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is the right place for this topic?

This is concerning my F-150...if any of you saw, yesterday I got a set of Raptor wheels put on. Love the wheels but the offset is a lil different than my other wheels were, so less turning radius with the big tires. Today I noticed that I have about 1/4" in the front between the tire and the upper a arm, and the back left tire is actually rubbing the brake cable. To solve that I'm thinking about buying a set of 1/2" spacers I found on eBay, about the smallest size I could find actually. I have no experience with spacers on anything though, so I'd just like to know a few things:

Do I have to have longer studs due to the 1/2" spacer taking up more room, or should mine be fine? Also how durable are they? It is a 4wd and does see a little off road time here and there but nothing wild. I'm just looking to gain a little more clearance and peace of mind after seeing how close everything actually was. Thanks for any input guys!

GT Rob

Reaction score
I had them and I don't trust them. I had them on for like two mouths when I decided to see if they where still tight to my surprise they where lose right then and there I took them off

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Well I wasn't wanting to hear that for sure. I'm not gonna get rid of the wheels and can't get tires right now so I'm lookin for a fix for now.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
I only use the bolt on style spacers. Smallest you can get is an inch on those and you might have to trim your stock lugs if it's anything like my gmc. I wouldn't run the slide on spacers, but have wheeled the piss out of my jeep with the bolt on style without having an issue ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not the right spot, but that's why i get paid the big bucks. I'll move diz for you :)

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I only use the bolt on style spacers. Smallest you can get is an inch on those and you might have to trim your stock lugs if it's anything like my gmc. I wouldn't run the slide on spacers, but have wheeled the piss out of my jeep with the bolt on style without having an issue ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones I'm looking at now are just slip on spacers but they are also the smallest I can find. The smallest bolt on spacers are 1.5" and I don't really wanna go that much wider but I'm not gonna rule it out.

not the right spot, but that's why i get paid the big bucks. I'll move diz for you :)

Thanks MC!!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I also found a set of 1/4" spacers. That would definitely solve my clearance issues and I don't think 1/4" spacers would put any stress on the hubs like a set of big adapters would.

MadStang

Reaction score
The ones I'm looking at now are just slip on spacers but they are also the smallest I can find. The smallest bolt on spacers areReply With Quote 1.5" and I don't really wanna go that much wider but I'm not gonna rule it out.

Thanks MC!!

Smallest bolt on spacer is actually 1". I have a set for sale right now and that [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] has been drooling over... LOL

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
buy them before [MENTION=10532]MadStang[/MENTION] drowns some guy wearing leather assless chaps in a bucket of amsoil

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
if you have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern it'll work no matter if it's a truck or car.

Bummer, I'm 6x135mm. New Ford truck for ya. I've been scouring the F-150 forums and a lot of those guys talk like the wheels worked fine for them with smaller tires, but a few added either 6mm or 1/4" spacers for a little extra clearance. I can get em for a $20 bill shipped so even if I'm not happy with em I didnt go broke on em.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I put my spacers on last night. Solved my clearance issues and I got my turning radius back wooohooo!! I'm just gonna be sure and keep an eye on em and make sure my lugs stay tight.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
These are on my truck. I wound up getting 1/4" slip on spacers. I don't really like the thought of having bolt on adapters/spacers on a truck that I use off road very often.

As long as they're a quality spacer and are torqued down correctly, there really isn't anything to be afraid of.
My buddy runs 1.5" spacers on all 4 corners of his tacoma and that thing gets pushed to its limit.

bae24b0e345911e3902022000a1ddbd3_8.jpg

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Cool truck^! that makes me feel a lil better about em too, if I ever need to get a set in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online