question

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
okay so i need some help guys. i was thinking of getting my stock block bored out .030 how reliable would this be now take in note that it would be kind of a daily driver and it would see some drag time not a lot but some also im not trying to build a a all out drag car yet ;) . im just trying to get something like 300 to the wheels anything more would be great that now for second question is what would the block bored out with good h/c/i do to the wheels would that at least hit 300

NYC94GT

Reaction score
SN95_DropTop said:
okay so i need some help guys. i was thinking of getting my stock block bored out .030 how reliable would this be now take in note that it would be kind of a daily driver and it would see some drag time not a lot but some also im not trying to build a a all out drag car yet ;) . im just trying to get something like 300 to the wheels anything more would be great that now for second question is what would the block bored out with good h/c/i do to the wheels would that at least hit 300
You can pull 300rwhp from the stock block w/o boring. Get a good set of Heads, cam, intake, full exhaust and run a 75 shot Squeeze and you be over the 300 mark. For safety, run a bottom end main bolt support.

S

scarface

you can be close to 300 by just doing the Pi head swap.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Boring it .030 and having the rest of the machinework checked (align hone mains, deck, etc...) definitely won't hurt anything on a daily driver. Don't forget you'll need new pistons, your rods will need to be resized, and the crank could probably use polishing.

As for a 300+ rwhp, I would say:

AFR 185s
Systemax II, 70 or 75mm TB
Bigger comp cam or just call Ed Curtis and have him cut you one
Longtubes
Full exhaust
30 or 36 lb injectors, MAF
Pro Magnum Rockers
Good new lifters, pushrods
etc. etc...

That will easily put you well above 300 rwhp with the right cam.

Paul.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
DOH :comando: :slap: I forgot those things were still around :ass3:

You don't remember them? Remember, waaaay back a long time ago when Ford produced a motor that didn't suck. ???

S

scarface

Paul said:
scarface said:
DOH :comando: :slap: I forgot those things were still around :ass3:

You don't remember them? Remember, waaaay back a long time ago when Ford produced a motor that didn't suck. ???
You never fail to make me laugh at least once a day bud O0

NYC94GT

Reaction score
Paul said:
Boring it .030 and having the rest of the machinework checked (align hone mains, deck, etc...) definitely won't hurt anything on a daily driver. Don't forget you'll need new pistons, your rods will need to be resized, and the crank could probably use polishing.

As for a 300+ rwhp, I would say:

AFR 185s
Systemax II, 70 or 75mm TB
Bigger comp cam or just call Ed Curtis and have him cut you one
Longtubes
Full exhaust
30 or 36 lb injectors, MAF
Pro Magnum Rockers
Good new lifters, pushrods
etc. etc...

That will easily put you well above 300 rwhp with the right cam.

Paul.
Dude, don't forget he's talking about a stock factory 5.0 block. They are weak around the cyl's and boring is not really a receipe for strength.

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
okay guys im getting mixed reviews on my plan from diffrent people not just in the forum from everybody i speak with what would you guys recomend me to do keep in mine that im california so it has to be street legal and its kind of a daily driver so just hitting 300 would be cool with me :banana:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
NYC94GT said:
Dude, don't forget he's talking about a stock factory 5.0 block. They are weak around the cyl's and boring is not really a receipe for strength.

Dude, the block will break when the main webbing, lifter valley, and front side let go. NOT because the cylinder walls are too thin.

SN95_DropTop said:
okay guys im getting mixed reviews on my plan from diffrent people not just in the forum from everybody i speak with what would you guys recomend me to do keep in mine that im california so it has to be street legal and its kind of a daily driver so just hitting 300 would be cool with me :banana:

In that case, just buy a HCI kit from Edelbrock/TFS/whatever that has a CARB sticker and be done with it.

Paul.

Late4Work

Reaction score
If ur lookin for 300rwhp, u better watch ur block cause it may crack if u ride it hard

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Late4Work said:
If ur lookin for 300rwhp, u better watch ur block cause it may crack if u ride it hard

I swear there are a bunch of people on this board who just make "tech" up as they go along.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online