questions

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
1. Should i bother putting a girdle on the rear end with the adjusters to help main caps?

2. I'm trying to make the GT a fast mostly stock motor'd car.. I have the basics down, what else should i do to really get the car going. For the most part, i'm trying to stick to light bolt ons on the motor, and suspension crap to get the car to really hook up. Any suggestions as to what I should do, PI swap isn't going to happen in a long time, because when I do it i'll drop a set of ported heads on it and after market cams, Not gonna take the time to swap stock for stock stuff. Alright any ideas?

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
As you do the bolt ons, upgrade your drivetrain. Dont overcompensate your drivetrain mods for your power mods.

Casper98gt

Reaction score
Yeah. Just looking at youre mods, the wheels you have are not going to help. You have youre basics down. Motor and suspension. I dont know exactly whats done to youre car. But start with gears, stronger axles and carrier, upper and lowers, a good driveshaft thats strong, either DR's or full slicks depending on if you can run them at youre track or not. When you get the rear setup then shoot for drag struts and shocks and get a decent pair of springs.

Then i guess its all up to you as far as motor work goes. You can either keep it cheap and run a fairly low 100-150 shot of nitrous and run it safe. Or you can go all N/A and pick up a set of heads and cams, with possilbly a aftermarket intake or if you can find a used bullitt online.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.