Quote on repairs and paint!!

RyanCess

Reaction score
Yesterday I got a quote on the repair of my rear drivers side quarter panel and a paint job. The quote was $800. My front bumper is damaged too but I figure I could get a front bumper and put it on myself so they don't charge me so much more for that. But now to the question. What are the best colors in your opinion for the SN95? I was thinking of doing a Forest Green if possible. And suggestions?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a quote on the repair of my rear drivers side quarter panel and a paint job. The quote was $800. My front bumper is damaged too but I figure I could get a front bumper and put it on myself so they don't charge me so much more for that. But now to the question. What are the best colors in your opinion for the SN95? I was thinking of doing a Forest Green if possible. And suggestions?

Last time I got a quote for a color change it was $3K+.

Just something to keep in mind.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are all kinds of colors to choose from. You don't even have to stay with Ford colors if you don't want to. I tend to like either darker colors or "fun" colors (like grabber blue, that lime green color, etc.). What color wheels are you planning on running?

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
It's thinking about getting some Cobra R wheels and painting them bronze

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Possibilities are endless. No reason to stay with stock colors!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you inquire at the body shop how much it would be to do the whole car? As they said above last time I mentioned it in the body shop since they were basically doing almost half the car already and they said it would be north of $3k. Hell a body/paint guy sneezes next to your car and it will cost you $300. Swapping a bumper yourself will save little/nothing on their bill.

lutter94

Reaction score
I was quoted roughly 6k to repaint my car, the same color.....

Then asked to paint the front fenders, and hood. Bumper is fairly fresh since it was recently replaced. They wanted to blend the doors, and that quote was 3k.

I like 3k for the whole car better......lol

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I was quoted roughly 6k to repaint my car, the same color.....

Then asked to paint the front fenders, and hood. Bumper is fairly fresh since it was recently replaced. They wanted to blend the doors, and that quote was 3k.

I like 3k for the whole car better......lol

That 3k quote was from a neighbor shop and we help each other out a lot. It also involved ME doing every bit of prep work and blocking. I would even have to primer the spots that needed it. Then I would have to be there to pull all the body pieces off and help tape everything. There was a lot of work involved in my part to make that $3k number a reality.

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Shop around - get as many quotes as possible.
Not sure where you are at but painting varies a whole lot from location to location.

I've been told by many people that my body and paint work (which I believe is above average) was done for a helluva deal.
Replaced - both front fenders, driver's door, windshield, trunk lid and trunk floor, reworked rear quarters using original front fenders.
Color change from Laser Red to Nighthawk Black with Grabber Blue stripes.
$7000

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wait...so you were quoted $800 for a quarter repair + complete respray? or just quarter repair? i wouldn't even bother having anyone paint my car if they only wanted $800 lol. unless its someone you know really well no quality complete repaint will only be $800

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Paint and body work is expensive. Thats why its good to learn it yourself!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Thomas_W

Reaction score
wait...so you were quoted $800 for a quarter repair + complete respray? or just quarter repair? i wouldn't even bother having anyone paint my car if they only wanted $800 lol. unless its someone you know really well no quality complete repaint will only be $800

+1

most Good body shops want 500-800 to paint a fiberglass hood and blend it with the rest of the car.

95opal

Reaction score
My advise is to run as far wway from that shop as you can.
$800 will barely buy paint and material let alone repair and labor cost. Either they are starving for work or they flat out suck at quoting jobs. My guess is all the above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online