Rattling sound from gearbox area

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
When I bought my Ford racing clutch I dont think the bearing came it
But those came from American muscle the guys that sell you a high dollar water pump without the gasket

Silver95bird

Reaction score
When I bought my Ford racing clutch I dont think the bearing came it
But those came from American muscle the guys that sell you a high dollar water pump without the gasket
My car had an autozone clutch in it, it was worth every penny of the stupid $10 chinese garbage bearing. Dont put in anything but a Ford throw out bearing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I pick mine up from lmr or jeggs or summit
Who ever has a good deal on them at the time
They have Ford racing clutches and bearing

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
OK so it looks like the onky ones I can get my hands on here in the UK are the cheap Chinese ones so I'm going to have to buy from the states and get it all shipped over and I have a funny feeling that's going to cost a bomb considering the weight of the clutch and pressure plate

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
can't get a good clutch or TOB nearby? I could see the tob being a problem but I would have though the clutch would be ok to find.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I'm still looking mate. The throw out and pilot bearing I am going to have to get from the states but I've find two companies now in the UK that sell 11" clutches but need to call them tomorrow to see what they are

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all, well Ive spoken to the only two suppliers I can find in the UK and for a stock clutch, pressure plate, ford performance release bearing and pilot bearing they both want £1,060 that's $1,307 in your money.
The funny thing is I can get it shipped from CJpony to my door for $500
You got to live rip off Britain.

Is it worth changing the clutch as well considering its only done 4,000 miles?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
This is what CJponyparts say I will need

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191005-094446.png
    Screenshot_20191005-094446.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 9

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your in that deep I would swap the clutch. If the old owe is good I would keep it in my parts bin in case this one completely fails but with all the work to get in there I know if I didn't swap it, the next week I would have to.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The only thing I would be worried about, with the current clutch, is if the release bearing damaged the fingers on the pressure plate. Other than that, I would leave it alone.

I have to disclose that I do not mind pulling transmission at all. So doing it twice is par for the course for me. In this scenario, I do not believe you would need to do it again.

I think it would be best if you took the car apart and inspected everything before placing an order. I don't know if that is an option though.

How mechanically inclined are you? Pulling the transmission is not a hard job and can be done in the driveway on jack stands. I have done many this way.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I use to build drag air-cooled VW beetles so Im more than happy doing the work myself but back then I has a ramp and a workshop, these days all I have is a driveway.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Please can you lot have a look at the video in the link and give me some ideas of what can be causing this noise. It is coming from the back of the engine/Bell House area.
Cheers all

Silver95bird

Reaction score
heat shield on one of the cats rattling?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I don't have any cats and I can't see any heat shields rattling. A spun bearing wouldn't make this sort of sound would it?
Here's another video

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Notice in the video that when the rattle happens the engine stumbles or kinda jerks
Maybe internal in the engine
Hope note that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online