Rear LCA bushings

Fast Lane

Reaction score
Anyone found rubber LCA bushings for the rear? I can't find any replacements. Dorman makes a new arm but they are pricey.

delling3

Reaction score
Just curious - why rubber? I had always heard that polyurethane were superior - and based on what's widely available, it seems like this is what most folks buy. What are the advantages of rubber? I know that the OEM part was rubber, but always assumed that was due to price?

OP
OP
Fast Lane

Fast Lane

Reaction score
Ride. This car is staying stock. I might but a cat back exhaust on it in the spring. I replaced the upper control arms last summer.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Mine are metal to metal worn out
Could not hear any noises from the exhaust system being to loud

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if you can find the rubber bushings is the problem. If it’s staying stick I understand that but I’ve never seen them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fast Lane

Fast Lane

Reaction score
I might have to pay the bucks for the Dormans I guess. That sucks.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea.I have been looking for a while and did not find any.. I used soft poly when I really wanted rubber- why, because rubber has rotational torque and poly does not. It makes a big difference in how the car was designed. After 40 years of changing to all poly I now use a mix of both where doing suspension rebuilds to get the right handling instead of all hard bushings and 600 pound springs.
Thank you for your information. Buy them while you can and store them for a later use when they really could be gone.

joe65

Reaction score
Anyone found rubber LCA bushings for the rear? I can't find any replacements. Dorman makes a new arm but they are pricey.

probably far fetched but do the upper bushings even come close? Maybe not, they are that oval shape? trying to remember.

just saw that you are a newer member. I'd like seeing pics of your car. I still really like the looks of the stock 5 spoke 99-00 wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online