Rear seat delete

joe65

Reaction score
just curious. what does the back seat in the sn's weigh? They dont seem that heavy to me, but maybe i'm remembering wrong? I know the bottom is just foam and vinyl, but the maybe the backs are heavier? Just wondering what the weight savings really is by yanking it? I don't like the added rear end/tire noise when the seats are folded down, but some might like the additional sounds from back there?

Daryl

Reaction score
I know this post is going on a month old but if you haven’t decided I’ll chime in. Scharder was the owner of the yellow mustang registry. Has/had a shop in NC. His rear seat delete kits have been around several years. I have yet to hear any complaints. The construction is ABS plastic, he claims lighter than all competitors. When I finally get mine up and running a Scharder kit is what I’ll get. As far as the rear strut brace, it should be no issue.
Never too late to reply!

I’ve actually completed the RSD, using the kit from LMR.

Rear shock brace not an issue at all. Clearance is fine.

Daryl

Reaction score
just curious. what does the back seat in the sn's weigh? They dont seem that heavy to me, but maybe i'm remembering wrong? I know the bottom is just foam and vinyl, but the maybe the backs are heavier? Just wondering what the weight savings really is by yanking it? I don't like the added rear end/tire noise when the seats are folded down, but some might like the additional sounds from back there?
35-40lbs., appropriately. But that’s me on a bathroom scale subtracting my weight from each piece then adding it all up.

joe65

Reaction score
35-40lbs., appropriately. But that’s me on a bathroom scale subtracting my weight from each piece then adding it all up.
well, that's a good amount!

Daryl

Reaction score
well, that's a good amount!
That’s everything: seat bottoms,seat backs, seat belts and hardware and that deck collar piece(?). Might have missed something else, but you get the idea…

joemomma

Reaction score
I've had my rear seat bottom out several times working on the stereo. The seat bottom isn't all that heavy, but when you add in the seat back, belts, hardware, like Daryl says, it adds up.

joe65

Reaction score
good point, i missed the belts in my mind. 40lbs is a good start. I get the concern for dropping weight. I was worried about wheel weight when i was trying to decide which wheels to with. I really wanted 18s and when you go past 17s they get heavy fast. Anyways that's the main reason i have the oz wheels. only 21lbs a piece at 18x9" is pretty decent. My tires weigh more than the wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thilton247

Members online

No members online now.