Rear tire knocking help

Joshblck1

Reaction score
So I really need help locating a knocking noise in my rear drivers side tire. I will try to be as detailed as possible. There are a few key things that are happening - a kocking noise that happens at any speed but only at low rpms, my abs light has never came on but ever since this problem its been on and off, the noise seems to go away when the rpms rise to about 4k. Infact the car feels more soild the faster its going.
These are the things that aren't happening- its not louder when turning, it doesnt make a rythmic whooshing like a bad bearing would, the suspension feels pretty good, I cant get the sound the repeat by going over large bumps.

I have already changed the differential oil and added modifier and still no help. I Also have checked my ujoints and driveshat/ axel play. I check the wheels play as well just to be sure its not a wheel bearing.
The sound sounds more like its turning at driveshaft speed but the knocks aren't consistent enough to know for sure. The only place I really havent checked is behinde the wheel like the brake caliper or abs sensor.
so I really need some help with some ideas what this knocking could be, could it be suspension related or could it still be a bad wheel bearing? Or could it be driveshaft or axel related even though it definitely sounds like its coming from the tire itself? Oh and I did check the lugnuts on the tire for tightness as well as bolt hole size fitment.
Thanks,
Josh

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
It could be an ABS sensor, since the light flickers or comes on and off now. Your caliper could also be loose. What about brake pads?You didn't happen to get new wheels and get a smaller size did you? Please definitely check in when you find the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online