Redline goods steering wheel cover

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by bluex, Jan 24, 2015.

1. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I don't think mine was that clean driving home from the dealership in 1996.

2. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

Looks great! Whats the story on the e brake boot? Seems like I've seen a few around where the boot is halfway up the handle.....I would think it wouldn't be slid up the handle so far....

3. Tony

Tony Legend

thanks man...yea i used my oem bezel for the double din. i think i have pics of process in my build thread...not sure tho lol.

tried to find pics of the e-brake down but can't find any lol. it moves back onto the handle quite a bit when it's down.

4. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

Oh ya, is it possible the newer ebrake handles are different? Having something designed to prevent it moving along the handle.....

5. badsheep5.0

badsheep5.0 Member

I want a steering wheel so bad from them I love my shift boot and hopefully in the next year I will do the steering wheel but with black interior I am not worried about color think God please fill us in on how the install went

6. bluex

bluex Active Member

Ok its been a while as the first set of samples they sent got lost in the system somewhere. I finally got a set and camel is almost a dead on match for the factory saddle color in case anyone finds this thread on a future search. Putting the order in for a camel cover with black stiching probably on monday.

I also just got the call today that my door panels are done and ready to be picked up. I wont be able to pick them up until I'm off wednesday though. :( I'm excited to see how they turned out, the guy at the shop said he had done quite a few of them but usually just replaced it with vinyl instead of leather. Hopefully my decision to spend a little extra on the installation of them will result in a better final product than the pictures on redlines site.

7. DropTopPony

I am curious to see how the door panels look.

8. bluex

bluex Active Member

Also for future reference here is redlines saddle against Ford's 1996 saddle

[​IMG]

From left to right red line samples of tan camel and hazelnut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thinking back on it I have no idea why I picked saddle. It was late and I was just trying to get my order in before the end of the sale.

9. DropTopPony

I actually like that darker color. I was thinking of dying all of my tan surfaces a darker brown but decided it was just way too much work.

10. bluex

bluex Active Member

If it was all saddle it would look great. I like the darker brown as well but I had already forked out for new factory color seat covers so switching colors wasnt an option lol

11. DropTopPony

I hear you I went with new Katskinz interior a few years back and got the stock color with black inserts. If I knew what I know now I would have went with a dark brown leather and dyed the plastic/vinyl darker to match. Maybe some day....

My favorite Ford interior is the King Ranch, our SN's would look good with this dark leather and brown where the light tan is IMO.

[​IMG]

12. bluex

bluex Active Member