Removing Cats -iScrape

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what you don't have any Harley's in your town. When he pulls you over just look at the cop and scream

BUT LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES MAN!!!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Loud pipes most definitely save lives, I'm a firm believer in that.

Seriously though, OP, you can still go over speed bumps? :shitbricks:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
also great for pissing off your neighbors. just had one move in up the road from me and it might not be so annoying if he would get on the bike start it and ride. But of course he does like all Harley owners do and starts it up and gives it three er four nice revs to announce to all of us with in 500 yrds that HURRAY IS HARLEY DAY!!! I am sure that he thinks when we hear his Harleys mating call that we all run to our windows to behold the view of all that is hole, his harley... Then he puts it in gear, which also means he is required to rev it again to get in in gear at LEAST 5-6 times. And finally I am not so sure if he doesn't know how to rev/clutch correctly but as he finally pulls off, he must have it at 5k rpms.

I can't wait till I get my car back on the road, cut outs a blazin. Luckily he rides away from my house to get out of the neighborhood, I have to ride right past him.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I say this as a guy brought up seriously around nothing but muscle cars and Harleys. As a generalization, though, Harley riders are some of the biggest meathead dopes on the road. It's like every breath they take on the bike has to prove something.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Move to IL. We dont have emissions for cars older than 1995.. and welps im a 1995 and catless. no smog.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
what exactly is the spout?

Sounds like the connector you remove when changing your timing. Think when u remove it. It makes the engine run funny like it's low on power till you hook the connector back up

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds like the connector you remove when changing your timing. Think when u remove it. It makes the engine run funny like it's low on power till you hook the connector back up

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

what exactly is the spout?

that's correct. It's the little "pill" you remove to set you base timing. It's located by the MAF sensor.
With it installed, the computer is controling timing advance. The timing will jump all over between 20*-30* (The timing light is basically useless with the spout installed)
With the spout out your timing is rock solid.
My car runs and drives just fine with the spout out up to 3000rpm then it falls on it's face. Since the sniffer doesn't require the RPM's to be that hi the tech doesn't know any different.
Pulling the spout for the sniff test IS NOT ALLOWED but if the tech doesn't know to look for it..... I suggest you stop just around the corner from the test facility, pull the spout, then drive it there to be tested. After the test is done, drive around the corner and put it back in. I doen't even shut off the car when I remove/install the spout.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online