Removing the rear spoiler/wing

delling3

Reaction score
'96 GT. Looking at adding some racing stripes to the hood and rear deck. Strip kit I am considering has a section for the rear deck, but the spoiler needs to be removed to install the stripe. Once the strip is installed, I will reinstall the spoiler. Is it as simple as bolt off/bolt on? Looks like bolts go thru from the underside of the deck lid? Any gaskets that need to be replaced, and if so, are the available somewhere? Or will I need to come up with some gasket material and cut my own?

Benni614

Reaction score
'96 GT. Looking at adding some racing stripes to the hood and rear deck. Strip kit I am considering has a section for the rear deck, but the spoiler needs to be removed to install the stripe. Once the strip is installed, I will reinstall the spoiler. Is it as simple as bolt off/bolt on? Looks like bolts go thru from the underside of the deck lid? Any gaskets that need to be replaced, and if so, are the available somewhere? Or will I need to come up with some gasket material and cut my own?
R u asking is there a gasket under the spoiler? No there is not. Should be 4 nuts under the trunk to remove and then its off

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online